Why T-rex would not stick his tongue at you

Kasia

I have another possible explanation as to why Trex would not stick his tongue out… Because it is well known that all tyrannosaurids are polite and well-mannered!

In Jurassic Park, for instance, "Rexy" was just trying to help Lex and Tim in the car; you know, reassure them when it's cold and raining outside? After all, Ed Regis/Don Gennaro had abandoned them...

Just kidding ;) Thanks for the paper, it looks really interesting!

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

26 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

I have another possible explanation as to why Trex would not stick his tongue out… Because it is well known that all tyrannosaurids are polite and well-mannered!

In Jurassic Park, for instance, "Rexy" was just trying to help Lex and Tim in the car; you know, reassure them when it's cold and raining outside? After all, Ed Regis/Don Gennaro had abandoned them...

Just kidding ;) Thanks for the paper, it looks really interesting!

I totally agree - we have already discussed the manners of T-rex with @Troodon and we came to similar conclusions :) 

9 minutes ago, Kasia said:

I totally agree - we have already discussed the manners of T-rex with @Troodon and we came to similar conclusions :) 

Where can I find the thread with that discussion?

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

12 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Where can I find the thread with that discussion?

:headscratch:it was quite a time ago ..... I will surely inform you though when our theoretical discussions with @Troodon turn into a scientific paper ;)

Yeah, it'd be the first paper in a brand new journal called "The International Journal of Dinosaurian Paleo-ethology".. The paper would be called something like 'Good behaviour in the Latest Cretaceous Hell Creek Fm., Insights from an exquisitely preserved specimen of a well-mannered subadult Tyrannosaurus rex':D  

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

6 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Yeah, it'd be the first paper in a brand new journal called "The International Journal of Dinosaurian Paleo-ethology".. The paper would be called something like 'Good behaviour in the Latest Cretaceous Hell Creek Fm., Insights from an exquisitely preserved specimen of a well-mannered subadult Tyrannosaurus rex':D  

:D

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Here is that old thread

@The Amateur Paleontologist

Ok thanks, look forward to reading through it :) 

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

4 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Outside of the journal that would not be too bad an idea. How Tyrannosaurus rex would have interacted with one another is still largely a mystery. Perhaps I will work on that next...

Archived