Trilobites in Saint Peterburg (Russia)

Quail

Hi! My name is Alexandra. I live in St. Petersburg, looking for and preparing trilobites.

As you know, we have near St. Petersburg very good places to search for fossils known all over the world.

If someone from trilobite lovers wants to come and find good specimens here or if you are traveling through Russia and you will be interested to come in search of trilobites, then I can easily show you the best places to search near St. Petersburg without problems. You do not need anything for this-it will be absolutely free for you. I can explain it by the fact that I am the same person as you, and I have the same disease that can be called "paleontology" :D

Is this interesting for you, write to this topic or search for me in Skype: Alexandra Kalinina (with bird on skateboard on avatar :-) ) and ask any questions.

P.S. sorry for my English ^_^

Welcome to the Forum from Maryland!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Welcome to the forum from Austria!

I am unable to travel that far, but I would love to see some site and in-situ photos. Just interessted how your "hunting ground" looks like. There are only a few members from Russia here on the forum.

Thanks!
Franz Bernhard

14 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Welcome to the Forum from Maryland!

Thank you so much! I will be glad to share with you photos of my fossils and paleontological news from Russia!

4 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Welcome to the forum from Austria!

I am unable to travel that far, but I would love to see some site and in-situ photos. Just interessted how your "hunting ground" looks like. There are only a few members from Russia here on the forum.

Thanks!
Franz Bernhard

Thank you so much!

On Saturday I want to go to a place called "Vilpovici" (Вильповицы). I will try to make for the forum some good photos of rock layers and fossils

12 minutes ago, Quail said:

I will try to make for the forum some good photos of rock layers and fossils

Welcome from North Carolina! I cant wait to see some of the photos!

7 minutes ago, SerratedTeeth said:

Welcome from North Carolina! I cant wait to see some of the photos!

Thank you!
I hope the weather will be good for hunting trilobites! B)

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut, USA.  :) 

We look forward to your participation, and photographic contributions. 

By the way, your English is much better than my Russian.  :blush: :rolleyes: 

Велцоме то тхе Форум фром Цоннецтицут, УСА.
Ве лоок форвард то ёур партиципатион, анд пхотограпхиц цонтрибутионс.
Бы тхе вай, ёур Енглиш ис муч беттер тхан мы Руссиан.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut, USA.  :) 

We look forward to your participation, and photographic contributions. 

By the way, your English is much better than my Russian.  :blush: :rolleyes: 

Велцоме то тхе Форум фром Цоннецтицут, УСА.
Ве лоок форвард то ёур партиципатион, анд пхотограпхиц цонтрибутионс.
Бы тхе вай, ёур Енглиш ис муч беттер тхан мы Руссиан.

Thank you! Photos and news will be published. l'm studying language now. Friends of my family help me to learning english language. They liveing in Anacortes. BTW, ln Russia we have a funny idiom: "go, and training on cats". This idiom is means that when a person does something not very well, he needs a subject for training in order to improve his skills. I want to say that my friends have to endure my bad English and be like that cats :-)

Welcome to the Fossil Forum from the Hudson Valley, NY. USA. Love to see your photos of fossils and places to collect them. Someday maybe I'll travel to St. Petersburg. Best wishes.

Welcome to The Fossil Forum from Texas, USA.  Your English is perfectly understandable to me!  I'm looking forward to seeing some of those gorgeous Russian trilobites.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

Welcome to the Fossil Forum from the Hudson Valley, NY. USA. Love to see your photos of fossils and places to collect them. Someday maybe I'll travel to St. Petersburg. Best wishes.

You are welcome!  Saint Petersburg is very rainy and interesting city! 

3 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Welcome to The Fossil Forum from Texas, USA.  Your English is perfectly understandable to me!  I'm looking forward to seeing some of those gorgeous Russian trilobites.

-Joe

Thank you, Joe! Lone star state is my favorite state of US. I even have something from Texas (But I've never been to the US). It's a very interesting story ^_^ 

IMG_20180621_231756.png

Just remember...it is no farther to get from St. Petersburg to Texas than it is to get from Texas to St. Petersburg! :D  We're very friendly here so maybe you can pay us a visit one of these days!  There are plenty of fossils to be found as well!  Of course...we don't have the cultural history that you do...but we do have nice, warm weather (it is currently about 37 C right now).

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

14 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Just remember...it is no farther to get from St. Petersburg to Texas than it is to get from Texas to St. Petersburg! :D  We're very friendly here so maybe you can pay us a visit one of these days!  There are plenty of fossils to be found as well!  Of course...we don't have the cultural history that you do...but we do have nice, warm weather (it is currently about 37 C right now).

-Joe

Yes, my dream is to get to the teeth of Texas. :DB) It's very cool that you have such a hot weather. It's very cold in St. Petersburg. Here we have practically the same temperature all year round. This temperature is about 10 (+ -5) degrees Celsius and we have cold wind that comes to St. Petersburg from the Arctic. Unfortunately we are not getting the influence of the Gulf Stream here. St. Petersburg is near to the Arctic circle. There is still such a natural phenomenon called "white nights". I think that in the US you have also white nights in Alaska.

On photo -white nighs in Petersburg.

344.jpg

ae41e637b30d269d17cde75880ab4240.jpg

bel4b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello, Alexandra, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

We've got some pretty good trilo-sites here as well, but I have always wanted a chance to visit the sites in St. Petersburg area. 

Thank you for your so kind offer, maybe one day......................................:D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Archived