Mammal tooth repair

Bone guy

So I found a cool mammal tooth in some matrix. As I was walking over to my computer to research the ID for the tooth I dropped it and it broke into 4 pieces :( 

fortunately I can fit the pieces back together, but one piece is just a sliver. 

What kind of glue should i use I use to fix this? 

Two-ton epoxy might be a little overkill unless you have a REALLY big mammal tooth! :ighappy:  Paleobond is good if you can get it...but chances are that one of the thicker cyanoacrylate glues (super glue) will work.  Any chances of a picture of the broken tooth?

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Here's a picture of the pieces. I found another small piece of the enamel. US quarter for scale. :) 

IMG_0974.JPG

I also use a thinker super works good too and you get less glue runs. When you are glue just add a little glue in the centre of the break to much glue will keep the beak apart making the repairs more visible . Good luck. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2018 at 4:47 PM, Bone guy said:

Cool! Hope it works. If it works I'll post the result :) 

Yeah, when I prep in someone else's shop, they have Paleobond.  When I fix something at home, super-glue works just fine.  Have some acetone on hand to clean up any residue on the surfaces or reposition any piece that doesn't set the way you want.

Archived