A few more megs

Florida fossil hunter

A month later and some more megs after several more trips. Not as good as our first few trips out but our collection is growing. 91F1BEA0-7F44-40D9-90E7-023D34F27062.thumb.jpeg.24d7a7aa4fe30a50f00d92ba96b93fb3.jpegI think the best find was the big gator tooth toward top right. We’ll be headed out ASAP for,hopefully, some more success

The vert is interesting, the presence of processes on a "sea going" vert is hard to find. 

I agree, the gator tooth is great :D 

The verts pretty nice, and I haven’t had a hint yet with anywhere near as many megs of any where close to that quality! Shows you how just a few million years makes a big difference in population size.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice finds, that great white tooth is awesome :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Agree with Jeff, Give us a tight photo of the GW... love seeing the serrations and tip up close and personal...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

The gw was just laying on top of a layer of mud about one foot off a sidewalk. I must’ve been the only one walking around that area that afternoon because you couldn’t miss it.

78F24043-28F6-4B4B-A7A9-979EFFAE5581.jpeg

Going to try my luck this weekend or after next nice rain we have around here. I’ll post if anything falls into my greedy hands. 

@jcbshark thank you jc. Too many people working at site I wanted to stop by this am but I’ll try after everyone’s gone later. Makes for a nice late day walk as well.

My son and I didn’t have much time but we found some nice ones in about 45 minutes before the next big rain.98CB3FC9-C223-4E58-B7EE-144D9E8FB0D8.thumb.jpeg.39329e93c98e68d68a2c1e605b96e6ec.jpeg

E03AACFD-AFFB-445C-89D2-3ADAA4F375E8.jpeg

Two more GWs.... wow :fistbump: that’s some good hunting right there. I think I have maybe 12 or so I’ve found over the years. I got out this afternoon for a couple hours after the rain but only did fair. Hopeful for some more rain this week :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Archived