Placoderms from the Devonian period

Quail

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

I know what your speaking of, and I’m not sure there is an English word for it. This National Geographic definition of a river mouth just calls it an alluvial build up at the end of a river. I would call it a sandbar at the mouth of a river.

I would call it a sandbar at the mouth of a river - yes, this is the most accurate name for this place :D

P.S. you have a great quote in the end of your message! This humor is very cool! :P

16 minutes ago, Quail said:

.S. you have a great quote in the end of your message! This humor is very cool! :P

Thank you, Douglas Adams was a master of humor. I mostly access this site on my phone now so I don’t see that anymore, and sometimes forget it’s there!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thank you, Douglas Adams was a master of humor. I mostly access this site on my phone now so I don’t see that anymore, and sometimes forget it’s there!

Yes, Douglas Adams is a master of excellent humour.:D ( Unfortunately, there are no smiles with a pot of petunia and a whale) I really like the books that he wrote and the radio performances

1 hour ago, Quail said:

Yes, Douglas Adams is a master of excellent humour.:D ( Unfortunately, there are no smiles with a pot of petunia and a whale) I really like the books that he wrote and the radio performances

My favorite books! Unfortunate he didn’t live to complete the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy series. That doesn’t stop me from reading what he did write over and over again!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

My favorite books! Unfortunate he didn’t live to complete the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy series. That doesn’t stop me from reading what he did write over and over again!

Yes! BTW, he has a wonderful article foreword to the book "hitchhiker guide to the Galaxy" about how he came up with the idea of creating this book. I laughed very much when I read this foreword. And I also know that there is a holiday "a day of a towel", which is celebrated all over the world. That's cool!^_^

On 6/22/2018 at 6:22 AM, Quail said:

MAmQl4r9H8w.jpg

These look like echinoids! Any chance there is a younger stratum in the quarry also? Or, more likely, I'm seeing echinoid shaped concretions of some sort.

• 5 weeks later...

I am loving these posts! 

Those brachiopods you posted are wonderful. :wub:

And the fish, of course! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Archived