Sadness

sTamprockcoin

Someone broke into my jeep last Friday night and stole my small digital camera used on collecting trips, my brand new Estwing rock pick (l3ather wrapped handle -gift from a friend) & my Estwing drilling hammer, chiselsk and some phone/ audio cables. Not enough for an insurance claim and most everyone says I lost just a bunch of hammers. 

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

Ugh. That stinks.  :( 

Sorry for your troubles.  

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Very sorry for your loss, Tim. It angers me that anyone would do such a thing. 

That's horrible. :(

Some people make me very angry. :angry:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The ignorant actions of others really makes me mad.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Sorry for your loss.  If it makes you feel any better, someone stole my whole dang truck recently.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Yeah very annoying . I have been burgled in the past .so I know how upsetting this is. I feel for you.

That stinks how low some people stoop for so little.  Good news is that no fossils were taken and although costly, everything is replaceable

Dang, that sucks. It's always annoying when things you worked hard to obtain get swiped off by another.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

I cant count on how many times ive been stolen from.  I know the feelin.  May only be a bunch of hammers but its plain wrong to steal.  RB for dictator. Theives and such would disapear.

RB

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your sympathy. I had & took in enough scrap metal to replace the pick. The rest I'm chalking off to my typical bad luck! Do a randomly kind act today. 

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

1 hour ago, sTamprockcoin said:

Do a randomly kind act today. 

How about I steal some tools for you.:rofl:

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

How about I steal some tools for you.:rofl:

:rofl:

...I'm back.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, JohnBrewer said:

Sorry to hear that. Some people are on the same level as coprolite 

Ohhhh, Lori is going to have an issue with that! :D

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

On 6/22/2018 at 5:03 PM, sTamprockcoin said:

Someone broke into my jeep last Friday night and stole my small digital camera used on collecting trips, my brand new Estwing rock pick (l3ather wrapped handle -gift from a friend) & my Estwing drilling hammer, chiselsk and some phone/ audio cables. Not enough for an insurance claim and most everyone says I lost just a bunch of hammers. 

I had my house broken into once.  It was a mess to clean up but nothing taken that couldn't be replaced.  

One thing I learned though, and you may want to look at this if not too much time has passed.  In most thefts like that, the thieves take anything and everything and then throw most of what has no value to them away as soon as they get to a spot where they can look through it.  So if not too much time has gone by, you may want to check dumpsters in the area, wooded areas around alleys, and such.  You might see most of your stuff in a pile.  Long shots are still a shot. :)

35 minutes ago, Walt said:

I had my house broken into once.  It was a mess to clean up but nothing taken that couldn't be replaced.  

One thing I learned though, and you may want to look at this if not too much time has passed.  In most thefts like that, the thieves take anything and everything and then throw most of what has no value to them away as soon as they get to a spot where they can look through it.  So if not too much time has gone by, you may want to check dumpsters in the area, wooded areas around alleys, and such.  You might see most of your stuff in a pile.  Long shots are still a shot. :)

You not wrong I got burgled by well a friend or his freinds. Long story but I was his best man until I found out he was cheating on his partner so I redrawed from been the best man? His friend was bad people. All my records was smashed up in a nearby car park. And my fossils and most of my trilobites I had was smashed or at least the IDs was lost. That was a long time and I don’t think about it. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

You not wrong I got burgled by well a friend or his freinds. Long story but I was his best man until I found out he was cheating on his partner so I redrawed from been the best man? His friend was bad people. All my records was smashed up in a nearby car park. And my fossils or the trilobites I had was smashed or at least the IDs was lost. That was a long time and I don’t think about it. 

everything of ours was put in a blanket and taken.  The police found it all in a field about 1/4 mile away.  Everything was there except a portable radio.  However, the thief decided to run over what was in the blanket when he left so it was pretty much smashed.  The fact that they stole a portable radio should give you some idea oh how long ago this was :)

7 minutes ago, Walt said:

everything of ours was put in a blanket and taken.  The police found it all in a field about 1/4 mile away.  Everything was there except a portable radio.  However, the thief decided to run over what was in the blanket when he left so it was pretty much smashed.  The fact that they stole a portable radio should give you some idea oh how long ago this was :)

I still have portable radios what do you mean has their been a technical advance I have missed  .:D  very sad what poeple do to others over very little gain. 

• 1 month later...

I checked every pawn & resale store in the area and since I'm a recycling scavenger I'm always looking in dumpsters and empty lots. I've engraved all my tools with my initials in 2 places (1 prominent 1 hidden). Several neighbors also had stuff taken the same week but due to their own recreational drug use they don't want to have anything to do with police and so didn't file reports.  One collector i know has the reputation of  collecting only from other collector's buckets.

Civility is more fragile than a trilobite in shale (and a lot harder to find!). 

• 1 month later...

If only criminals were dealt with properly and not with a slap on the wrist! I’m sorry someone did that to you. 

We hear of a lot of fishermen down here getting their gear stolen too. 

Thieves are despicable. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's horrible. :(

Some people make me very angry. :angry:

As a matter of curiosity, Adam, in Morocco how would such a burglar be treated when apprehended?

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, Harry Pristis said:

As a matter of curiosity, Adam, in Morocco how would such a burglar be treated when apprehended?

Well, like pretty much everywhere else, I think I'm right in saying, it's highly unlikely that the culprit would be caught. 

However, when they are caught, they would be fined and imprisoned, about three months for first offence, or so I understand. Not actually certain. 

It is usually possible to pay the victim compensation in order to keep it out of court.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

12 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Well, like pretty much everywhere else, I think I'm right in saying, it's highly unlikely that the culprit would be caught. 

However, when they are caught, they would be fined and imprisoned, about three months for first offence, or so I understand. Not actually certain. 

It is usually possible to pay the victim compensation in order to keep it out of court.

Well, something is working in Morocco.  I got a cash advance on a credit card in Erfoud -- $5,000US in dirhams -- at a small bank.  There was a long, curving line of local men (of course, men) watching the cashier count out the cash.  I was a bit apprehensive, but never felt actually unsafe walking around with all that cash.  (I did the same thing in Georgetown, Guyana, in a more private setting, and I was very, very nervous.  But then, I never felt safe in Guyana.)

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Archived