Cool finds.

LiamL

Basically we've bought a lovely new static caravan near whitby, and today have drove up to pay for it. Saltwick bay, if anybody knows it. 

The previous owners who were on the plot that my static will go on had a bunch of old rocks in their little garden plot. I've asked for all them to be removed, but i found these there.

Looks like they've been there for over 10 years.

Sadly due to the tides I couldnt do any fossil hunting myself, but there will be plenty of finds coming from me in the future. (maybe even some reptile remains in the stormy winter months) :drool:

So the best things i picked up were these. They're very dirty as i've just washed them.

2.thumb.jpeg.ad17a86b1df01ffbfbad658b19b937a4.jpeg1.thumb.jpeg.3fed20579afb260bf30d015836ba2cc7.jpeg

Double Dac nodule!

hildy.thumb.jpeg.efd8df025b93951d452a3fcd8d546a06.jpeg

Old hildy, looks like the other end might split with a chisel and hammer, hopefully revealing a nice specimen with a decent centre.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

You've got so many ammonites in the UK that you have to park caravans on top of them to keep from tripping over them. :P

Nice bonus.

Cheers.

-Ken

Like i suspected it split open in just two taps with the chisel and hammer!

78BFCF2E-5FD3-4762-9B10-63A3E71DD3EE.jpeg

Nice! Now you can display these in your caravan and tell any visitors that you have just where you found these nice fossils.

Cheers.

-Ken

8 minutes ago, digit said:

Nice! Now you can display these in your caravan and tell any visitors that you have just where you found these nice fossils.

Cheers.

-Ken

I'm leaving my display cabinet at my parents house in my room. I plan on buying a Ken Mannion TT Prep pen in afew months so i can make my finds look neat and tidy!

Hi LiamL,

I was in Saltwick bay last Friday and had a good day collected about 100+ fossils, The tide had gone out but it had not been a vary rough high tide so not that much about.

Enjoy your caravan and happy hunting.

Regards

Mike.

PS the Ken Manyon TTpen is still going strong it was a good investment.

On 28/06/2018 at 11:54 AM, Mike Pocock said:

Hi LiamL,

I was in Saltwick bay last Friday and had a good day collected about 100+ fossils, The tide had gone out but it had not been a vary rough high tide so not that much about.

Enjoy your caravan and happy hunting.

Regards

Mike.

PS the Ken Manyon TTpen is still going strong it was a good investment.

Thanks, there is so much to find there. I'm going to have to only collect perfect, large or rare specimens because otherwise i'll end up with so much.

What was your best finds on Friday?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice finds! 

Good luck in the future and look forward to seeing shed loads of stuff! :) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Archived