Is it a raptor claw?

emc2

This type of claw believe its from Uzbekistan is from an indeterminate Therizinosauroidea dinosaur .  Therizinosaurs are distinctive theropod dinosaurs with various features suggestive of herbivorous habits and in no way related to raptors.

Claw from my collections that is similar to the one you posted. Its a foot claw not hand.

post-10935-0-64696500-1441383679.thumb.jpg.e0e0fae5dc5c8228e05b81dd88684630.jpg

Paper on these dinosaurs from Uzbekistan 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/295113675_Therizinosauroidea_Dinosauria_Theropoda_from_the_Upper_Cretaceous_of_Uzbekistan

On 2018/6/25 at 6:30 PM, Troodon said:

This type of claw believe its from Uzbekistan is from an indeterminate Therizinosauroidea dinosaur .  Therizinosaurs are distinctive theropod dinosaurs with various features suggestive of herbivorous habits and in no way related to raptors.

Claw from my collections that is similar to the one you posted. Its a foot claw not hand.

Paper on these dinosaurs from Uzbekistan 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/295113675_Therizinosauroidea_Dinosauria_Theropoda_from_the_Upper_Cretaceous_of_Uzbekistan

Many thanks.

It is very rare date about Therizinosauroidea from Uzbekistan on the internet.

How to tell if it's hand claw or foot claw?

My claw is hand or foot claw?

Your claw is a foot claw

There are several features but the easiest way is to look at the articulation surface.

A hand claw articulation knotch  is smaller, located higher and typically shaped as a half moon

Theriz3b.thumb.jpg.d33cae94bd905b1c1b285ac0681fa8e1.jpg

A foot claw has a much wider articulation surface, usually spaning most of the distal end of the claw

Theriz2b.thumb.jpg.51daf776fa40ba2136aac362d1258fac.jpg

Archived