Kechousaurus hui

palochris68

Hello ! 

This is my first fossil, bought Sunday on an international exhibition (Ste Marie aux Mines)
I have studied a lot of the old threads on the forum about Kechousaurus, I paid attention to the painting, the shape of the spine etc. The seller was very appreciated and we talked a lot, so I trust him.

What do you think? Especially its preparation? He told me that he prepared the fossil with the sandblaster, no acid and no paint.

Is this a nice and authentic piece?

IMG_1079 3.JPG

IMG_1077 2.JPG

Congratulations! :D 

You found an exclent specimen of Keichousaurs hui. The preservation of the skull is very interesting. 

Awesome piece!

Authentic without doubt.

I was at the show too and I think I saw this specimen (or similar one)

Very nice :) 

1 hour ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Awesome piece!

Authentic without doubt.

I was at the show too and I think I saw this specimen (or similar one)

Very nice :) 

It was at the Osmont pavilion, near the exhibition of fossils :)  but I did not see many on the other stands

That’s a great one! Nice acquisition!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Little bit drifted specimen, but good prep-job and no red flags here to see - looks OK, IMO.

It's genuine and nicely prepped.  Most of the specimens from China are acid prepped or manually prepped as they don't have sand blaster or pneumatic tools, and thus the prepped Keichousaurus are mostly damaged a bit.  Compare it with the attached one, which is manually prepped in China with simple manual tools like dissection knife and chisel, and is a relatively better one.

att6dnlc.jpg

• I found this Informative 1