I am not sure what this is. Maybe Bryozoan?

davidcpowers

I found two chunks of limestone from Madison group possibly lodgpole or Mission Canyon member. Take from upper belt Creek in Montana.  At first I thought this was a coral. Is this a Bryozoan?

limestone-2.jpg

bryozoan-detail.jpg

Consider Syringopora, a common coral. See one from the Pennsylvanian Naco Formation.

IMG_0449.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

9 hours ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Consider Syringopora, a common coral. See one from the Pennsylvanian Naco Formation.

I agree it seems to be a tabulate coral and Syringopora is the most likely. Can't actually see any internal structure (steeply domed tabulae) that would confirm this though - you might need a cut section to be certain.

• I found this Informative 1

Tarquin

Welcome to the Forum! :)
I agree with all the above statements.
(Always, and I suggest this, it will be good a millimeter scale attached to all the specimens having tiny structures.)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your help. I  forgot to check the notify tab. Sorry for the delay in response.

Cheers

David