Oxford Mineral & Fossil Show July 29

thelivingdead531

Will anyone here be going to the Oxford Mineral and Fossil Show on 29 July 2018? I’m going to try my best to be there for this one. If anyone has been in the past, how great are the fossils that are for sale? I’m not too interested in the minerals part of it.

3 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Will anyone here be going to the Oxford Mineral and Fossil Show on 29 July 2018? I’m going to try my best to be there for this one. If anyone has been in the past, how great are the fossils that are for sale? I’m not too interested in the minerals part of it.

U.K. fossil shows are pretty poor in my opinion but I’ve not been to the Oxford one. They will be the same dealers but maybe a few more than the Bakewell show being more south. You’ll be ok for minerals tho :) that’s a long drive for you too Candace. 

3 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Candice, if you go, take lots of pics please.

I will! I hope I can go this time. :fingerscrossed:

27 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

U.K. fossil shows are pretty poor in my opinion but I’ve not been to the Oxford one. They will be the same dealers but maybe a few more than the Bakewell show being more south. You’ll be ok for minerals tho :) that’s a long drive for you too Candace. 

This would be my first show ever, so I’ll be excited either way lol. It is a longish drive (about 2.5 hours, but it’s really not that bad since we drive to Wales and Scotland when we visit ^_^), but I’m going to see if someone can take my Saturday shift at work so I can go the day before to see the natural history museum and a few other places. Hopefully I can work it all out.

If you get the chance go to Pitt Rivers Museum too, sorta in the same building as the University Natural History Museum. It’s my fave U.K. museum, a real cabinet of curiosities. 

17 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

If you get the chance go to Pitt Rivers Museum too, sorta in the same building as the University Natural History Museum. It’s my fave U.K. museum, a real cabinet of curiosities. 

It’s definitely on my bucket list for Oxford! I’ve read about it and heard great things.

Yeah I agree with John Pit Rivers is fantastic where else can you see a Witch in a bottle 

556B6443-AC29-4332-B060-2B2E33A4865E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Yeah I agree with John Pit Rivers is fantastic where else can you see a Witch in a bottle 

556B6443-AC29-4332-B060-2B2E33A4865E.jpeg

And of course since it is silvered you can not see the contents inside.

Sort of a " Pandora's Bottle" if you will.

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

And of course since it is silvered you can not see the contents inside.

Sort of a " Pandora's Bottle" if you will.

Well put:dinothumb: 

I'm looking at going and the possibility of being a vendor at the show....and of course will be keeping an eye out for any American material for my own collection.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:45 PM, Haravex said:

I'm looking at going and the possibility of being a vendor at the show....and of course will be keeping an eye out for any American material for my own collection.

I hope to see you there if I’m able to go!

I'd love to come and meet all my new English friends! 

Enjoy it, those of you who do go! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yup confirmed I'm an exhibitor at the show look forward to meeting some of the forum members there.

I think we are going to start charging money for each bag of pixelated popcorn. :P 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

23 minutes ago, Kane said:

I think we are going to start charging money for each bag of pixelated popcorn. :P 

Well if you charge anything close to what they do in the movie theater, I'll have to take out a second mortgage.

Ok I have pictures just understand I had to take a 4 hour coach to get into Oxford 3 hours to early because that was the only real transport option to get here for me I've been going all day too on no sleep and a bacon butty I'll post pictures when I'm sat down in an hour with some food.

Thanks Matt 

Archived