Oxford Mineral & Fossil Show July 29

thelivingdead531

These are all the pictures I could take in between having time to take fossils out and display engage with customers and so on there is another one of my table but also includes name and business cards so I have left it out.

Thanks Matt 

Thanks for the pictures! Unfortunately, I was unable to make it as I came down with a stomach bug Saturday night. I’m glad you were able to go, especially as a vendor! Hopefully I can go to the next one in November. :fingerscrossed:

14 hours ago, Haravex said:

20180729_110307.jpg

Nice dinosaur material on this store.  Thanks for showing us and it looks like a good show.  

Thanks Bobby this one was my display. I will be looking more at doing Bakewell as the Oxford show was a lot of travel and rather disappointing imo.

Oh Wow! A collectors paradise! Thanks for sharing those pics with us, Haravex. Wish I could have gone. 

Cheers.

@Haravex  thanks for the tour.  Looks like a nice show but not a lot of buyers which is disappointing if i read you correctly 

Yes sadly I was told this was the quietest show of all 4 in the year and this was the slowest July show they had ever seen, this was buy a mineral seller named Nicky who she had been doing for some years now. But it was defiantly an experience if nothing else and a good learning curve for what to do different next time sadly didn't sell enough to purchase the Iggy vert but always different opportunities in the future :)

1 hour ago, Haravex said:

Yes sadly I was told this was the quietest show of all 4 in the year and this was the slowest July show they had ever seen, this was buy a mineral seller named Nicky who she had been doing for some years now. But it was defiantly an experience if nothing else and a good learning curve for what to do different next time sadly didn't sell enough to purchase the Iggy vert but always different opportunities in the future :)

Exposure to potential buyers is also important for you.   Might not buy today but may visit your website in the future.

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for the images. I’ve always wondered if it’s worth going to these exhibitions and the images have swayed me to bite the bullet and go to one in the future. We’re there a lot of Dino teeth on sale other than the usual carch/spino/kem kem?

9 minutes ago, Wolf52893 said:

are there any shows like this in North Carolina?

There are tons of my co_fossil enthuiasts who every year trek from south Florida to NC for http://aurorafossilfestival.net/

They seem to like it.  I have not been there .. I hope some of our NC memebers can educate us. Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

2 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

Thanks for the images. I’ve always wondered if it’s worth going to these exhibitions and the images have swayed me to bite the bullet and go to one in the future. We’re there a lot of Dino teeth on sale other than the usual carch/spino/kem kem?

There where a few ceratopsian teeth and as shown the nice iguanadon vertabrae but there was a bit of kem kem material there on the other tables.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30 July 2018 at 4:23 PM, Haravex said:

Bakewell was very sleepy...... These fairs seem to be more mineral related which is a shame. 

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Bakewell was very sleepy...... These fairs seem to be more mineral related which is a shame. 

Boo! Not really interested in minerals tbh.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter