Want to buy Spinosaurus jaw

Hi all,

I'm a new member here, just joined not long ago and I have been wanting to purchase a Spinosaurus jaw. I was wondering if any of you can tell if it is real or fake?

I've also been wanting to buy Theropod complete foot (any species), anyone know some reputable sellers? I just want the toes, claws etc.

Thanks!

RIMG6115.jpg

RIMG6116.jpg

I'll betcha a dime on a dollar that the teeth are placed into the jaw.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I'll betcha a dime on a dollar that the teeth are placed into the jaw.

I’d put my two cents on it too.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hmm, they claim that there have been no restorations.

How much would this be worth just say if it hasn't been restored, or if the teeth were placed into the jaw?

We do not appraise fossil values on the Forum. ;) 
If someone wishes to answer this question, they should do it via PM. 

Thanks. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

We do not appraise fossil values on the Forum. ;) 
If someone wishes to answer this question, they should do it via PM. 

Thanks. 

My apologies! What do you think of the Jaw, if you don't mind me asking?

I agree with Doren, ... those teeth were likely placed there. 

Morocco is quite infamous for doing this sort of thing while claiming no repairs/restoration.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I need to see a dorsal view of the jaw bone to help determine if its a Spinosaurid.  May be real but need to see that image.  The teeth have been composited its extremely rare to find functional teeth in a jaw.  I dont see any restorations on the jaw bone.

This guy keeps showing up here for some reason.

The general advice is: Skip this fossil, it's problematic

• I found this Informative 4

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Wow, someone has already posted about the same item, I did not see that! I found the fossil on a website.

Thanks for all your replies, I was hoping that it was a real Spino jaw so I can purchase it, it seems like it isn't.

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks Andy, nothing problematic about this one its a croc jaw with Spinosaurid teeth.

Ingen thought they were the first to hybridize dinosaurs, but the Moroccans did it first.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

1 minute ago, -Andy- said:

Ingen thought they were the first to hybridize dinosaurs, but the Moroccans did it first.

Hahaha, that's very true.

Forgive my ignorance i'm a complete newbie at fossils, but do you really think its from a Crocodile? How can you know for sure?

2 minutes ago, ilp said:

Hahaha, that's very true.

Forgive my ignorance i'm a complete newbie at fossils, but do you really think its from a Crocodile? How can you know for sure?

Its all about the dorsal view.  Spinosaurids have a large labial lip right next to the teeth also the spacing of the tooth cavities is pretty close and irregular.  You dont see that on croc jaws.  Very common for Morrocans to use Croc jaws and place Spinosaurid teeth in them.

SpinoJaw1.thumb.jpg.48bf506b0b844f21bc5d68b8722f3b74.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

44 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

Something worse than Indoraptor.....the Spinosuchus! :D 

Here's a top view picture of the fossil i found

It looks like the genuine jaw you showed above, but i cant find any crocodile jaws to compare it with.

Image-7.thumb.png.809fb2948135db018606d3235bd1a89b.png

Just now, ilp said:

Here's a top view picture of the fossil i found

It looks like the genuine jaw you showed above, but i cant find any crocodile jaws to compare it with.

Image-7.thumb.png.809fb2948135db018606d3235bd1a89b.png

Fossil picture i found* lol

You can even see the matrix which was filled in to hold the added tooth in the cavity:rofl:....nice moroccan artwork - nothing more....

Yup everything that needed to be said was said in that previous thread. It's the same specimen. This is likely a croc jaw with Spinosaurid teeth paced in.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I was the person who posted originally about this jaw. There were some really informative posts made by people including @LordTrilobite. Be sure to read through that thread I posted. Essentially it is in all likelihood a croc jaw with composited teeth, you can see this from the above-view. The seller wasn't happy once I made him aware that I had sought advice and claimed he had enough accolades (being a qualified paleobiologist) to be able to prove it being a Spinosaurus jaw, but he never got back to me with that proof after I asked. The seller does have some nice stuff on his website that is clearly legitimate, but this one is a no go. 

6 hours ago, InvestableCards said:

I was the person who posted originally about this jaw. There were some really informative posts made by people including @LordTrilobite. Be sure to read through that thread I posted. Essentially it is in all likelihood a croc jaw with composited teeth, you can see this from the above-view. The seller wasn't happy once I made him aware that I had sought advice and claimed he had enough accolades (being a qualified paleobiologist) to be able to prove it being a Spinosaurus jaw, but he never got back to me with that proof after I asked. The seller does have some nice stuff on his website that is clearly legitimate, but this one is a no go. 

Thanks for the reply! I read your posts about this which was very informative. I was very close to buying it, good thing I asked here before so.

Thanks to all that helped.