Tampa Bay Marine Plant/Coral Fossil?

Bronzviking

Hi Again, Since I am an Artist I find this tiny triangular Tampa Bay Agatized Coral to be so intricate and Natures' Art! Measuring 1 1/2 " at the widest points and 7/8" wide. Look closely to both sides.  The first pic is side A. The second pic is the flip side B.

It looks like little plants and/or critters and one with a snail swirl above it. What do you see? Thanks TFF.

DSC07340.JPG

DSC07328.JPG

DSC07335.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

That is a neat piece...something I'd pick up and stare at for awhile and bring home.

Agree with Tony with the shells--not seeing any plant stuff but I like how the slices thru the clam shells have a sort of radiating shape/palm front look to them. I circled a couple other things that catch my eye...

5b36163862e69_limestonesection.jpg.d96808d210c6d941ba1b362c23037f1c.jpg

I'm thinking the cross section at the top might be the upside down part of a gastropod spire but maybe not--something with chambers coral/bryozoan but similar to these examples show.

5b3617b40e163_PanoramaSmallerApacgastropodsectionsupsidedown.thumb.jpg.2e6fbe178fb7d87500f904551f644900.jpg

The one shell fragment in the middle I circled has a slightly different texture than the others..almost looks like an echinoid spine and their rather bumpy textures but it could just be a weathered section of a bivalve. Lastly I circled another interesting shape...I've seen it before but cant place it at the moment...maybe that's echinoderm as well--maybe something like an ossicle--someone else probably can tell. 

Cool collection of fragments in matrix..thanks for showing us. 

Regards, Chris 

• I found this Informative 1

Wow Chris, you saw quite a bit. What about the spiral to the left? Looks like a flower with the stem below. Thanks! :)

3 minutes ago, Bronzviking said:

Wow Chris, you saw quite a bit. What about the spiral to the left? Looks like a flower with the stem below. Thanks! :)

Snail cross section.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.