Digital Microscope for Prep???

JDSSKW

If I had the money, I would love to try it.  I am impressed with what I have seen Dino-Lites do.  

Likewise, seem very impressive from the stories I have heard. For now, I have only used typical microscopes, mainly when prepping skin impressions, small lizards, or eggs. 

It's a great scope but I'm used to looking into my microscope while prepping below and getting instant feedback.  Not sure how comfortable or distracting it would be looking at a display while prepping.  Does not feel natural but I hate change.   

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have been using a long arm microscope and it gives you plenty of room to move dishes of residue or even bigger specimens that need a closer view to prep. I have used something similar to dinolite but I only use them to photograph micro fossils as there is not much room if any under the lens, if you connect it to a laptop you get a good view but difficult to prep with. Hope that helps.

• I found this Informative 1

Never ask a starfish for directions

• 6 months later...

Don't know about fossil prep but for macro photography of small fossils the Dino Lite is unsurpassed. It stiches together a series of focal planes to create a perfectly focused object with relief. In 2D mode it imprints scale bars. 

Using a Dino-lite for prep is challenging. Takes really good hand/eye co-ordination.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.