Croc tooth? Any ideas

Jaimin013

Any ideas if this is a croc tooth? the seller says Possibly Coelophysis, or Spinosaurus, or Pleisosaurus? 31mm. Definitely not Coelophysis, don't look spino either and there are no serrations

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

16 minutes ago, ynot said:

Is there a location to go with the tooth?

Unfortunately not, it's on the popular bidding site, I will ask the seller.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Coelophysis <—— Definitely not! Lived way before the other two, in different places, and is very unlike this tooth in most aspects.

Looks very croc-y to me.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The only choices would be croc or gator, so if the seller identified a place that never had any alligators, that would answer the question..

In the top photo, that single horizontal carina running lengthwise would imply alligator.

However all those other lines parallel to the carina makes me also vote for Croc...  Nice tooth !!!!

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I would call that a Croc tooth.. A friend of mine found one like that in matrix at Calvert. If your seller doesn't know what his fossils are he/she may not be reputable... I feel like its better to know what you're selling.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

A few years ago I rearticulated an alligator skull. The teeth didn't have the lines and ridges. It was a modern gator, but I don't think they've changed much. My vote would be croc. 

Archived