another big crab rock?

DLB

:popcorn:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Gees, that has all the right features and its big.  Look forward to seeing the revealing of the crab within.

• I found this Informative 1

Tada! not perfect I'll take it. they're hard to come by with all the features this one has.

20180705_064204.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Looks like that was a tuff prep.  but all done and ready for the collection. 

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Looks like that was a tuff prep.  but all done and ready for the collection. 

RB

it was and I was expecting a much bigger crab but that's how the crab crumbles ;)

That’s a nice crab! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:36 AM, crabfossilsteve said:

Gees, that has all the right features and its big.  Look forward to seeing the revealing of the crab within.

@crabfossilsteve  if you don’t mind me asking, what are “all the right features“?

We are going back to whiskey bridge soon and I’m going to try to find another crab like the one I brought home last week. I know it’s unlikely, but if I know better what I’m looking for maybe the odds will be ever in my favor.

@DeeMoji, Hi Dee, all the 'right features' means that it has what its suppose to have.  Carapace, claws, legs, rear end, eye stalks.

RB

• I found this Informative 2

Very nice crab, @DLB  !!! :wub: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

59 minutes ago, RJB said:

@DeeMoji, Hi Dee, all the 'right features' means that it has what its suppose to have.  Carapace, claws, legs, rear end, eye stalks.

RB

Oh!!!! Ok, gosh I feel silly now. I thought he said the rock that was found has “the right features” meaning it was easy to tell there was a crab inside, even though nothing crabby was poking out. I was hoping to hear tips on what to look for if nothing obvious was showing. Thank you :) 

22 hours ago, DeeMoji said:

Oh!!!! Ok, gosh I feel silly now. I thought he said the rock that was found has “the right features” meaning it was easy to tell there was a crab inside, even though nothing crabby was poking out. I was hoping to hear tips on what to look for if nothing obvious was showing. Thank you :)

I think you may be right.  I may have jumped the gun on this one.    A concretion with the 'right' features means that one can 'read' the orientation of the crab in the rock and not have to wack it open.  

RB

44 minutes ago, RJB said:

I think you may be right.  I may have jumped the gun on this one.    A concretion with the 'right' features means that one can 'read' the orientation of the crab in the rock and not have to wack it open.

I'm illiterate in this language...

6 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:
7 hours ago, RJB said:

I'm illiterate in this language...

I dont think so my good friend.

RB

6 minutes ago, RJB said:

I dont think so my good friend.

RB

I can read a fish slab, a concretion full of ammonites, or a block full of dinosaur bones but don’t ask me to figure out top or bottom on a crab concretion!