Start them Young

Mike from North Queensland

My Daughter called over with the 4 month old Grandson dressed in a Dinosaur jumpsuit wanting some photos.

So not letting a chance go by I thought time to start getting him interested in Fossils as in a few years I will need someone to do the harder digging.

So how young is too young to start them on a hobby collecting Fossils I ask you.

Remember the shorter they are are the closer those eyes are to the ground to pick up those small fossils.

Mike

Start them young.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

3 hours ago, Mike from North Queensland said:

So how young is too young to start them on a hobby collecting Fossils I ask you.

4 month sounds about right . He has got fossils hunting eyes . Very nice looking little boy, I hope he turns out to be a good digger for you. :D

Remember to check your state/territory child labor laws before putting the little tyke to work! :D  Great-looking little bruiser...and Bobby Rico is right...he DOES have the eyes for fossil work!  He looks like he could do prep work on nano-fossils without a microscope!

-Joe

• I found this Informative 1

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

27 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Remember to check your state/territory child labor laws before putting the little tyke to work! :D  

So long as you are not paying  him for the labor you've got your loophole! :P

Just make sure they are old enough to to be able to hold the shovel. Sometimes its hard to find work gloves that small.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

This boy looks like a powerhouse! He is going to be a good one :P

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

He's cute! He'll have many years of good times in the field if he catches the fossiling bug.

I'd start him playing with rocks that aren't fragile or arsenic-bearing (or other toxic compounds). Don't put fragiles into his hands until he stops banging things together and putting everything in his mouth. :D But of course you know that...

Got any local cobbled beaches with a cool variety of rock types?