Tgunn

Green Mill Run

Tgunn

Hello Everyone! I've just recently relocated to Greenville from Charlotte in the last month and have always had an interest in fossils/shark teeth etc but never got into in any deeper than skimming the beach. I went out to Aurora and had a great time digging through the piles and learning a little about the geological history of the area. I just found out that green mill run is a destination for fossils and it's minutes from my house, I literally have been biking by it multiple times a day since moving here. I'm willing to just jump right in on getting out there but wanted to put a call out to any regulars if anyone was going out and would be open to me tagging along. I've been spending too much time on a computer so dirty hard work sounds refreshing at this point. Thanks!

Fruitbat

Tgunn...

Welcome to The Fossil Forum!  I'm not going to be any help on trips to Green Mill Run (its a bit too far of a drive for a day's outing) but I'm sure some folks will be along soon who can be of more assistance!

-Joe

sixgill pete

GMR produces fossils along much of it's meander through the city of Greenville. The best areas  to enter it are from Elm Street park and from Greensprings park. 1/4 inch screen, find gravel dig and sift. 

Plax

and.. if you don't have it already; get a copy of "Fossil Collecting in North Carolina" from the state geological survey.