Hi,

just wondered from the photos if this eggs looks real or not?

would love to own a real dinosaur egg but don’t want to waste my money buying a fake one :). Noticed you can see on one of the photos two small pin hole sized holes next to each other?

thanks

185B95DF-4506-4FC6-AFD9-4FB83C664877.thumb.png.63a49ab3b9aac2544c42a780561f5a49.png

9A542716-0260-41E8-9D89-DB2D490F29B9.png

5ECA3402-37B2-4551-A194-23E155E26CCC.png

It looks like real shell to me. A better question might be: is it real old? Ostrich eggs have been used to create "old" egg fossils. Let us wait for the real experts to arrive.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very fake check this out,  yours is on second page of photos

@Troodon Is there any modern shell used to create the poster's "fossil"?

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

9 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

@Troodon Is there any modern shell used to create the poster's "fossil"?

I don't know what the process is and it may vary depending on source

VERY VERY FAKE!!! Stay away!!

Some of these are made with ostrich egg shell but I think this is just completely fake. 

Check out the the guide I made a few years ago that Troodon posted above. 

Hello and welcome to the Forum!!  I'm no expert but I do not see any structure on the shell itself - looks too smooth - looks recent.  Good luck in your efforts to secure a true dinosaur egg for your collection!  :trex:

I must agree, it does not have texture of Ostrich or Emu. They both have the classic pitted texture. 

However, that wouldn't exclude it coming from some other smooth shelled bird, I just don't know what it would be.

Archived