Marilyn Brack

0703181505.thumb.jpg.211f568f7b4e7510d150247bf7f087d6.jpg0703181501.thumb.jpg.671b84395d7a933384ab7f382d9df8be.jpgFound close to a river in along with some other interesting finds.  Need help identifying type of rock and also if it is some type of petrified turtle or other reptile. Thank you for any help that can be sent my way. Location Murfreesboro Arkansas.

Welcome to the forum.

Your first photo did not resolve please re-enter.  Not seeing a fossil in your other one just a possible concretion

Thanks for the photo unfortunately no change with my initial assesment.  Let see what others say..

Well, you know it's not a diamond :)

Is it really heavy?  'cause to be honest, when I magnify it as much as possible it looks like a big chunk of metal that was painted yellow and the paint is wearing off. :shrug:

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

The second set of pics you posted....is that quartz in the lower left?

Hang on Walt let me get to my computer lol. Your looking at my betta tank lol

0703182056b.thumb.jpg.fbe90c747be14a75d5b6c2347e52df1e.jpgthis is not metal lol I took out of my beta tank and took some more pics. this is the back

0703182057e.jpg

No, not a fossil.  But sure is a weird stain. You can see that it is just a few mils thick..and is wearing off as opposed to flaking off.  Sorry, Marilyn. Not a clue :)

Thanks Walt... It is strange, I can wash the black off of the rock and it will come back after a couple of days in the same places.

The picture below shows a weathering surface with sticking out burrows, in my thinking, so it could be in the realm of ichnofossils. :)

0628181239b.jpg.fd2c779231e7ac5018463240c3815cac.thumb.jpg.582d72ad966f3934cbfd664a0a00df47.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library