Last time in Ladonia

Ceasar Miranda

It looks like you found some interesting stuff.  I see a few baculite sections, a Hamulus sp.(worm) tube, a gastropod, what appears to be an unusual vertebra, and a few other miscellaneous odds-and-ends.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

I like the gastropods and bivalves/brachiopods (not sure which you have there) - the dark colouration is gorgeous!

Neat finds! Thanks for sharing :) Am I right in assuming that the site is Santonian/Campanian in age?

I think that the bone in the first pic is the vertebral centrum of a bony fish.. Based on the 8th picture, I can also recognise a gastropod, some baculitid ammonite fragments, a few other bone bits, maybe a partial shark tooth, and a few shells...

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Thank you all for your comments,it was very difficult to find fossils this week because it didn't rain in a long time and the area was completely dry and the temperature was super hot but it worth every minute especially because it's a long drive from Katy Texas to Ladonia basically 5 hours. If somebody knows a good place in Houston area please let me know. Thanks to all.