Tubular fossil from San Juan Cancuc, Chiapas, Mexico

Tguiri

I bought this in a market in Chiapas, Mexico. They told me that it was from San Juan Cancuc, Chiapas, Mexico and it was found underwater. 

I have no other info. 

I have noticed some line marks inside the tube. 

IMG_3677.JPG

'There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

- Ernest Hemingway

IMG_3678.JPG

'There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

- Ernest Hemingway

IMG_3679.JPG

- Ernest Hemingway

IMG_3680.JPG

Edited by Tguiri
Add info

- Ernest Hemingway

The 1st is a profile. 

The 2nd and 3rd is one side. 

The last one is the other side. 

- Ernest Hemingway

Welcome to TFF!

Perhaps a rudist. If it is from where it is said to be from, there is mostly late Cretaceous limestone with interspersed Paleocene and Eocene sandstone. Perhaps others will be able to say more. 

For future reference, I don’t believe the Mexican Government takes kindly to the export of fossils.

• I found this Informative 2

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

We're not leaving Mexico. 

- Ernest Hemingway

13 minutes ago, Tguiri said:

We're not leaving Mexico. 

Sorry, location said San Antonio. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Slight possibility of: Antillocaprina (quadrangularis?),but please don't quote me on that

• I found this Informative 1

Happy hunting,

Mason

24 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Sorry, location said San Antonio. 

We moved. Sorry for not updating my info. 

- Ernest Hemingway

9 hours ago, Tguiri said:

We moved. Sorry for not updating my info. 

That’s fine, just wouldn’t want someone getting in trouble for a law they didn’t know about. Fortunately, that’s not the case here.

Happy hunting,

Mason

Rudist will be my guess for the specimen in question, unfortunately - Pons et al., 2016a -  is unreachable for most of us.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Or maybe a tube worm cast?

- Ernest Hemingway