Wifes Birthday Monday Looking for Meg/Angy and other decent fossil Location for Weekend Trip

mushroom_toy

My wifes birthday is on Monday so trying to surprise her with a 3-4 day weekend trip. Looking for locations in the southeast. Can go as far down as ft. Lauderdale area or top of nc on the north side. We have been to Edisto and Summerville areas before and unfortuantely just havent gotten on top of any good spots. She really wants a whole Meg tooth or nice Angustiden tooth as well, were used to mainly finding fragments in the Savannah area. I wouldnt mind that but would love to add some more bones/and or fragments to our collection as well. I do have a small john boat with a 4 horse outboard this year so have a lot more accessibility as far as the Edisto river goes if thats what I decide on. Looking for a trip that will hopefully not break the bank, but be productive and most of all be a nice relaxing trip where I can spend some quality time hunting with my wife!. if anyone has any suggestions please send em my way! We can use all the help we can get haha.

18 minutes ago, mushroom_toy said:

My wifes birthday is on Monday so trying to surprise her with a 3-4 day weekend trip. Looking for locations in the southeast. Can go as far down as ft. Lauderdale area or top of nc on the north side. We have been to Edisto and Summerville areas before and unfortuantely just havent gotten on top of any good spots. She really wants a whole Meg tooth or nice Angustiden tooth as well, were used to mainly finding fragments in the Savannah area. I wouldnt mind that but would love to add some more bones/and or fragments to our collection as well. I do have a small john boat with a 4 horse outboard this year so have a lot more accessibility as far as the Edisto river goes if thats what I decide on. Looking for a trip that will hopefully not break the bank, but be productive and most of all be a nice relaxing trip where I can spend some quality time hunting with my wife!. if anyone has any suggestions please send em my way! We can use all the help we can get haha.

I know a site in Summerville I've personally had lots of success in. PM coming shortly.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Summerville is a great spot. Try some ditches and creeks. These dudes fossil hunt there... They've got a ton of stuff, just skim over their videos.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

6 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Summerville is a great spot. Try some ditches and creeks. These dudes fossil hunt there... They've got a ton of stuff, just skim over their videos.

Do keep in mind that BRF's videos show some spots that may or may not be accessible anymore (dredge ditches that are now filled with water, construction sites, etc.) You won't get a truly accurate picture of readily available Summerville spots just by watching these videos, especially since they are edited so that the video doesn't run on for hours or more. The only way you can get a feel for Summerville's bounties is to explore for yourself, including setting an appointment with one of the fossil expedition crews in the area.

• I found this Informative 2

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

@MeargleSchmeargl True. But you get a general idea of how to look and where.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!