Juvenile Australopithecus afarensis foot Points to a life in the trees

Miocene_Mason

This study recently came out, and added another piece of evidence for Australopithecus afarensis living most of its life in the trees (which doesn’t mean it couldn’t or didn’t walk upright when it needed to).

• I found this Informative 3

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Where is "Lucy" ....:zen:

"Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high" - The Beatles

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

5 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

so incredibly high

I sometimes wonder if the Beatles were when they wrote that song:D

I have been fortunate enough take an online course with Don Johanson as the lecturer. He’s a great lecture and a true expert, it was not purely happenstance that he found found it. It was skill, hard work, and lots of research. Okay maybe a little luck too. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason