Hyphalosaurus lingyuanensis

Is this specimen of Hyphalosaurus lingyuanensis genuine?  It is from Liaoning, China.

IMG_3536.PNG

IMG_3540.PNG

• I found this Informative 1

• I found this Informative 3

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

In your second photo showing the torso and limbs, the bottom right leg looks somewhat strange. It doesn't match the rest of the skeleton.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I agree with caldigger the red flag I see is with the right foot.  Its too neatly arranged and proper compared to the other feet. Hard to see the round ankle bones see illustration.  Also see a slight color change around the foot like its been inlaid in that area . Specimen looks nice but without close examination under a loop its difficult to determine if any work has been done to it.

Screenshot_20180705-024256.thumb.jpg.d92bebf03fd4b61c6204b273176fadd9.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

On 2018/7/5 at 5:59 PM, Troodon said:

I agree with caldigger the red flag I see is with the right foot.  Its too neatly arranged and proper compared to the other feet. Hard to see the round ankle bones see illustration.  Also see a slight color change around the foot like its been inlaid in that area . Specimen looks nice but without close examination under a loop its difficult to determine if any work has been done to it.

Screenshot_20180705-024256.thumb.jpg.d92bebf03fd4b61c6204b273176fadd9.jpg

How about this one?  It looks quite natural to me, but then it's a bit too perfect (?).

IMG_3601.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

Looks good no red flags jump out.  I would still, if you have an opportunity, to look at it under a loop

• I found this Informative 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 2018/7/9 at 5:17 PM, Troodon said:

Looks good no red flags jump out.  I would still, if you have an opportunity, to look at it under a loop

How about this one?  Is it genuine?

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG

53 minutes ago, Crazyhen said:

How about this one?  Is it genuine?

I particularly do not think any of these Hyphalosaurus are completely false. I think that just like keichousaurus, some touch-ups may have been added to make them more complete or more beautiful, I would not mind even having any of them in my collection, after all, in my opinion, small restorations do not diminish in no way the beauty of any of them. Just what I do not like to have in my collection, and that deeply bothers me, would be to have a "Hyphalosaurus" like this:

image.png.50b0a61e8fb09b3be057d0400dfeda77.png

Note: Glad that at least they already come with Certificate of Authenticity! :o

:rofl:

• I found this Informative 2

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

• 2 months later...