FossilsAnonymous

Hey all. Just wondering if Brownies/Bay front park is anywhere good to fossil hunt? I kinda want to try it out but I don't want to go if it's not a good place.

Thanks! :)

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

In my experience, it is the best (public) place on the cliffs. A few tips so you can get the best out of it:

1) though this doesn’t help you now, off-season is best because it’s free and there is less people

2) watch your tides, in addition to being potentially dangerous, they help with finding fossils if you get it when it’s getting lower.

3) either bring waders or don’t be afraid of getting wet, because the south beyond the point is where the good stuff is

4) the cliffs are unstable and dangerous. Be careful, attentive, and go at your own risk. The rains lately made this worse.

5) don’t take from the actual cliffs as you know. You may take from stuff that’s fallen off

6) never leave a bone piece, you don’t know what’s going to be under the sand.

Good Luck! If you have any other questions, PM me.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Agree with Whodaman.  Don't  collect by the beach area at the entrance go to the far right where the big cliffs are.  Tides are very important too low no wave action or a very high tide and no beach.  Have fun you will always go home with a smile. Wear shoes that have some traction the clay areas are very slippery and glass is around..

• I found this Informative 1