Matoaka-Cove Point double header

FossilsAnonymous

What part of the cliffs were you guys at? My family decided to bring along a little cousin so that kinda ruined the day because we had to come at the wrong time and leave in like an hour (groan) I'm really happy for you guys and your finds, although it would have been nice to meet up with y'all and hopefully find some cooler things. They brought my cousin at 1 even though low tide was at 5:30 and I couldn't change their minds. So only a few sorry excuses for shark teeth. 

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

This is a rather hair brained idea but if the three of us keep finding bone we could see if we could put some bits together.... Basically what I'm saying is that if anyone needs my bit of bone to match which theirs I would be happy to oblige because it is hard to store.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

22 minutes ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

This is a rather hair brained idea but if the three of us keep finding bone we could see if we could put some bits together.... Basically what I'm saying is that if anyone needs my bit of bone to match which theirs I would be happy to oblige because it is hard to store.

Sure. I'd like to see if it fits with mine somehow.  Send a PM.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

1 hour ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

What part of the cliffs were you guys at? My family decided to bring along a little cousin so that kinda ruined the day because we had to come at the wrong time and leave in like an hour (groan) I'm really happy for you guys and your finds, although it would have been nice to meet up with y'all and hopefully find some cooler things. They brought my cousin at 1 even though low tide was at 5:30 and I couldn't change their minds. So only a few sorry excuses for shark teeth. 

Saturday evening we found a TON of stuff just at the entrance to the beach from the cabins, but the next morning the tide was so high and so rough that it was creating a new trash line. There was almost no beach. We found one Ecphora in fair shape and one ray dental plate. that's it. Most of the beach was hard to get to because it required wading in the rough surf around fallen trees.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Archived