A few things from my trip to Canada

Ludwigia

3 minutes ago, digit said:

Of course! They're Canadians--so they have to be welcoming and courteous (it's in their Constitution) :P I wish someone would amend ours to add such a clause. :(

I'm looking at the possibility of dropping in on a number of TFF members on a multi-state (and multi-country) roadtrip of epic proportions. And don't think, Roger, that I've forgotten your offer--we may just be crazy enough to buy some plane tickets to Germany and take our TFF visitation tour to the EU. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Yup. We're the kind of people that, if you bump into us by accident, we'll apologize. :D If you happen to be traveling this way, I'll leave the porch light on.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

10 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Yay! I was just to despair about getting that bivalve identified properly. Thanks. As to the nautiloid, I was figuring on what you had suggested, but had it as trebiseptum in my data. Looks like I'll have to correct that. Any ideas on that first nautiloid from the Queenston Formation? Might it be an Endoceras?

Yes, I hope to see you again next year if it fits in.

I used to be frustrated with that bivalve, too, until @JUAN EMMANUEL educated me, and now it's easy - all of those bivalves are Ambonychia radiata:)

As for the nautiloid you found from the Queenston Formation - I'm not familiar with the fossils from that formation, although the book I have by Bill Hessin says that Endoceras proteiforme occurs in almost all of the fossiliferous formations covered in his guide, which would include the Queenston Formation, so it is a possibility.  Perhaps someone out there will be able to chime in...

• I found this Informative 2