Dilpocaulus bones

BonuFrailman

Good afternoon!

I saw these bones on “our favorite auction site”  identified as diplocaulus. The bones are from The Wellington Garber complex FM in Oklahoma. Please advise!

2B45AB15-8C03-4F19-BEEF-6E254A8425F8.png

A67E2E3F-6D48-44A3-B932-ABFC7D4DC73B.png

138963A3-7C81-40C1-8EB1-149AD248651F.png

B2F38690-7716-40E7-8309-FFE17AA59D21.png

33EC6078-0822-4BD9-AE18-C17586E8D89D.png

I think so, but obviously a small one.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

About half of that is diplocaulid. Some of the remaining material could be diplocaulid but is just not distinctive. A few things are really obviously not diplocaulid...the plate in the first picture is obviously not, for example.

I’ve seen this sellers bits and bobs. I think they are honest, but I’m not sure they really put a ton of research into their IDs. I’d get them (if I was to get them) for what they are certainly, Permian bones.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason