Hi everyone, this is my first post, found this site  while reading up before acquiring my first egg.

I was offered this and hoping to find out more, real? and ID.  A bit nervous that it might be from China but apparently way before the ban.  From a collector. 

TIA

F212F7C2-9920-49C8-8F4B-4E876ADF75F3.jpeg

503250BC-03C5-4FD2-9EC2-88D8A5023A9D.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Looks real, but most of the eggshell's gone. 

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Looks real.  You acquire eggs for the eggshell and most appears to be missing.  Be concerned how stable what is remaining or will the eggshell continue to fall apart.

• I found this Informative 4

It looks real to me... the raised portion on the left side of the bottom picture is shell, the rest of the egg looks like the shell is missing. The shell is really what you want when buying a fossilized egg. The shell that’s on there doesn’t look very stable and like it may fall off. 

In in terms of quality this is probably around a C- Grade. There are better eggs around of this type but it all depends on your budget. Typically the nicer the egg the more you pay but if you’re patient you will find nicer ones every now and then on some of the auction sights. Just be aware of fakes and post pictures here before you buy!!

• I found this Informative 3

Thank you everyone for your valuable comments and insights.  Shall sit out this one...

cheers

Not sure if this was posted before, basically 2015 43 eggs discovered at a road construction site in China.  The pictures are useful for reference.

• I found this Informative 1