[ Inclusion Inside Baltic Amber ] Pseudoscorpion + Enhydros ( "running water" ). Rare but not extremely rare.

vermiculosis

Dear friends,

i hope i am not boring with my amber passion :) Its real obsession for me ;)

This time i'd like to show wonderful, i can say - almost perfect Pseudoscorpion ( False Scorpion ).

People thinks often that is extremely rare but its not. I had i think about 30 pieces in career. Often they are very small, even only 1mm. This one had 2mm in max with body and pedipalps.
What is interesting - do you see that drop inside ambdomen ? It was Enhydros "running water" but there is huge discussion in amber inclusion market what exactly it is. One side ( with me ) think that is running drop of water inside air sap. Second side think that is moving air bubble.

Please check my movie from yt - i showed other amber with very nice Enhydros. I am sorry for the music - if someone got soft ears, turn off sound.

For me logical is drop of water. What do you think about it ?

If we talk about picture colours - i was playing with lights. Best one in friends opinion ?

Cheers from Poland.

Artur

3800 Amazing Pseudoscorpion 2.jpg

3800 Amazing Pseudoscorpion 3.jpg

3800 Amazing Pseudoscorpion 1.jpg

3800 Amazing Pseudoscorpion 5.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

The pseudo scorpion is majestic:wub::envy:

Is the enhydro debate water in air vs air on water? In which case both would be correct. Air would move up, water would move down.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very nice!

All of the pictures are good but I like the one with a black background.

As for the enhydro-- both air and water have to be there for the movement of a bubble to show. If the void had only one in it there would be no movement.

• I found this Informative 3

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Gorgeous!!!

My take on the air/water question is that it looks like an air bubble at the top of a water-filled void. A small amount of water in an air-filled void would behave differently. You can play with the concept with a small glass or plastic bottle filled with different amounts of water to see what I mean, if you're really curious.

Amber is never boring. Have you ever looked at a piece under an ultraviolet light? They're often fluorescent.

• I found this Informative 2

Great find and wonderful photography! I agree with the others on the water/air question. The simplest solution would be to open it up mechanically, wouldn't it? But I suppose you wouldn't want to do that, would you?

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thank you to all for so nice comments,

I think i must find one enhydros and cut amber to see whats happen but your comments got alot of sense, thank you :)

Thank you also for comments if we talk about photography. Very important is good grinding and polishing amber piece - object ( inclusion ) must be close to surface if its possible and amber must be flat above object. If its oval-style, than good picture is impossible. If inclusion deep in amber also impossible.
Sometimes i am mad when i cant set good lights and it is just gymnasty even with good illuminator. I do not use microscope lights, only illuminator with super strong cold lights ( Halogen ).

Mediospirifer

- Yes. In general amber hunters using UV light in the night for amber fishing becouse amber is white under UV when is dark. So they use this method and got almost 100% effectiveness.
In day, in sunlight when you catching ambers in the Baltic Sea you can miss alot of material.

• I found this Informative 3

I don't think you need to cut one open. Just look for the position of the moving bubble/drop: if it's at the top of the void, it's air, at the bottom, it's water.

To me, it looks a lot like the tube on a classic carpenter's level. Those use an air bubble in water (or some other fluid).

Try putting a drop of water on the outside of a piece of amber, tip it back and forth, and compare how it behaves to how the enhydros look. I've never tried that with amber, but on glass the water will tend to stay in place, then when it does move will leave a trail of smaller droplets behind it.

I may try it on one of my pieces!

• I found this Informative 2

• 1 year later...

Spectacular specimen!

There has been some research done on enhydros, sometimes there is water, oils, fats, air, or even methane. Pretty incredible stuff.

• 5 months later...

I agree with what is said upper, it can't be water only. That's an amazing piece you have here.

I also love your pseudo scorpio pics, especially the last one.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg