Rowboater

Been away for a while.  The kids(?) have dug out much of the creek bank where I had been hunting, so I tried a few additional spots.  The creek was low from minimal rain the last week (wet overall year).  Less mosquitoes, more frogs (two bronze stripes, Leopard frogs?)  Both the temperature and humidity had fallen and I stayed longer than usual.  Highlights were a root-less but nice cow shark tooth and a hemipristis (hadn't seen any this year); many broken.  Three angel shark teeth (probably more of those and drum teeth once they all dry).  Mostly sand shark spikes, but one may be a small ventral great white/mako.  One nice vertebra, but pieces of much bigger ones.  Small number of tiny teeth, probably find more in bucket when it dries.  Penny is 19 mm in diameter.

7-10-18-teeth.thumb.jpg.129a8e33c976ee600335636602b2ddaf.jpg

That's a nice Hemi!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Nice hemi and cows! I believe that is a Mako, Isurus desori.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason