A long time to be "Jonesing" fossils.

fossilcrazy

5b43c9e8b543f_EdiacaraLftCleaned.thumb.jpg.ababf7b21a3bc95ebdb2eb48e246c68e.jpg

As a young mineral, crystal and fossil collector, I was perusing through my uncle's 1962 copy of "Scientific American". In it was an article on recently described "Animals" of the Precambrian period.

I was fascinated by the artist's abstract rendition of these critters as they may have lived. The early scientists were beguiled as was I. Naturally, collectors envision finding great things themselves and so the wanting started. Fast forward to 2016 and I find myself retired. Nearly all localities of these Precambrian sites are protected and I realize I won't be digging these fossils anytime soon. My next move was, those who cannot collect , buy. In the order of Jonesing I wanted a Dickinsonia.

5b43cc9dded15_BigDicken.thumb.jpg.6e75506620000bbe3698d268efc2d5ba.jpg5b43cce64ade5_BigDickenwscale.thumb.jpg.ffd1e15e8ea2a8b2fcb4635cb9076fd3.jpg

Then came my two Kimberella.

5b43ccc33870e_PartDickensonia.JPG.f7d932e5acd7a584f4024dbdc27aaf34.JPG5b43cd7ee4143_WholeKimberella.thumb.jpg.6a6b221e7f1e92a6f07c1f5cd2e8f513.jpg

And my last hold out was Tribrachidium.

5b43ccf331eed_MyTribrachidium18mm.thumb.jpg.511b8036ef49b1e49525e8666f914700.jpg5b43ccae721f5_MyTribrachidium2.thumb.jpg.794b91a75f44e0b946849adcbc4d5b9d.jpg

At this point any Vendian creature I get is just a plus, Jonesing is a whimsical thing that can break your piggy bank.  

I'll bet it can! 

Still, those are simply amazing! :drool:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Regardless of source, these are really nice.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Those are wonderful! They waited a long time to find their way to you!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I just had to open up the urban dictionary to get a hold of that, but now I can well understand your desire. Great aquisitions!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Those are incredible!  :wub: :envy: :drool:  I did not know that is was possible to find such fossils for sale.

Don

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!
I now have serious fossil-envy...

lease please please put these in the  TFF Collections virtual museum!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice stuff man!   Ive been telling my chidren that there will come a day when all this fossiling will be over, gone, kuput, ilegal and so forth.  Sad really, but ive got two trips planned for more stuff.   The intire world is changing and fossils are becoming the only thing on the planet that is not a comodity.  Bar none.  Ive already gone to far.  sorry. 

RB

Those are very impressive additions to what is already a fantastic collection you have. Big congratulations on acquiring those rare and amazing specimens and thanks for sharing them with us.  

Spectacular pieces! Definitely top notch for anyone that actually knows what they are. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Definitely Tribrachidium-like

and Dickinsonia OR Epibaion,by the looks of it

edit: think i see Kimberella,as well

xenjacahggnt2f566tyyy4ee44e5tmedtr2m35pltwillist.jpg

Interesting finds!

Wow, the Dickinsonia looks it's straight out of Ediacra Hills! Brilliant acquisition!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I hope your sufficiency is suffancified, so I can have a chance at a decent Disckinsonia! I'll never manage a Tribrachidium, I've seen how much those go for, and yours is exceptional (as is your Dicki which I recall you showing before, and the Kimberellas are nicely detailed too).

Thanks for posting that drawing - my jonesing started when I saw a small (differently colored) copy of that drawing in a book on prehistoric life aimed at kids/youth. Still got that book.

Archived