DLB
On 7/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, digit said:

Indeed!

I remember playing with these strong alkalines eons ago in a college organic chemistry class. The first indication that you've gotten some on your fingers is the slippery feeling that is the result of the chemical pulling the fats out of our skin tissue and turning them to soap. :o:wacko:

Don't mess around with this stuff without adequate protection--it's particularly difficult to type messages into TFF with soapy fingers. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

So you're telling me if I rub this on my belly I'll lose weight? Lol

digit

In the most painful way imaginable (even worse than exercise). :blink:

Cheers.

-Ken

Mediospirifer

Nice!!

I'll have to try that on a few Cincinnatian (St. Leon & other sites) brachs. I have a couple of sandwich bags of similar ones, collected in the search for pathological specimens. I've been trying to clean some with toothbrush and dental pick, and have been having a hard time recognizing where the matrix stops and the fossil begins! I actually turned to the Preparation subforum with the thought of posting a thread asking for helpful suggestions...

Speaking of which, did you notice that your specimen is pathological? It has two visible clefts (healed scars from being notched), one on either side. Look for distortions in the ribs. Nice piece!