Lower Jurassic (Lower Lias) Lady's Walk Shale finds

JoeM

Hi,

I found these while pulling apart loose shale eroding from the rockface at the Lady's Walk Shale, Scotland. Be interested for any thoughts...! Can upload better pics if needed.

art brachio HQ.jpg

arthropod trail.jpg

crinoids 2.jpg

duck foot bivalves.jpg

ling brachio pedicle.jpg

ammonite.jpg

Pic 1: scallop shell

Pic 3: I think the cylindrical thing is a crinoid stem

Pic 4: scallop shell

Thanks, any idea on genus for the bivalves? the third one does show a crinoid stem, I was wondering if the lumpy bit next to it was the partial remains of a crinoid ‘had’ but it isnt a great image Ill try and take a better one.

on image 4 I thought the ‘duck’s foot’ webbed margins on these might mean it is something other than the other scallop-like bivalves. But could just be an artifact of preservation, I guess?

Image 5 - i think is some kind of lingulate brachiopod with the pedicle preserved. But would be good to get a thought on genus or whether I am wrong!

Image 6 is obviously an ammonite (rare in this formation) but itd be interesting to see if a genus id was possible from this partial specimen

Thanks for numbering, lots of people forget to do that when wanting multiple specimens identified, I can't help with identification, but welcome to TFF :ammonite01:, nice fossils, I think the scallop is my favorite. 

rydysig.JPG