Fossil display

Bobby Rico

Spotted this today from our favourite Scandinavian flat pack furniture store . This is for kids toys but maybe fantastic for a cheap show case for fossil or diorama. Have a look.

44E598E4-D615-4C4F-B9E0-59508E1A953B.jpeg

6AD26D5F-DB87-4494-8453-3329B3AB19D4.jpeg

• I found this Informative 7

That is pretty cool.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Are these pictures from the advertisement? Funny, there are already (replicas of?) shells in one of them :).

Franz Bernhard

Just now, FranzBernhard said:

Are these pictures from the advertisement? Funny, there are already shells in one of them :).

Franz Bernhard

Yeah they are look ready made for TFF members. :D 

Bell jars have no edges, that could be a great advantage for some types of specimens.

The lightning in these boxes is from below, that could also give an unusual look to some type of specimens.

Franz Bernhard

18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Looks very functional and cheap still like your bell jar better :D

Yeah it is and it fits in to my collection nicely giving it an old school look. Thanks

Very nice idea

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

They have some cool ones that you can hang on the wall. Those are not lit, but they still look clean and would make a cool presentation 

So I went and bought some of these today. They are well constructed out of some sort of polycarbonate. They have LED’s that light up from the base of the display. They are $30 a piece and I think very useful.

42F02023-46E5-4361-AF8D-E8FB41F21C51.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

There is a local fossil store on our coast that does a lot of dinosaur fossils. With that, they also have novelty items. The Oregon coast is known for all of its glass floats and other created glass items up and down our coast line. So these guys have one of the shops make these glass balls that are compressed to resemble dinosaur eggs. They’re pretty cool 

• I found this Informative 1

The display? I am not sure we are allowed to say the name or not. But it’s a four letter name that rhymes with idea 

• 6 months later...
22 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Dinorama :) they have a nice light too them too.

Weird and rather beautiful, Bobby! :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png