Home collection

MiseriKing

As a child, like all children, I began to get involved in dinosaurs. In a small provincial town, there was only one library with a one book about dinosaurs. Every weekend, when my peers were playing games, I spent a couple of hours with my mother in the library-drawing dinosaurs in my album, and wrote in a notebook facts about them.

Time passed I grew up, but passion for paleontology has not gone anywhere. It became one of my Hobbies. My opportunities have expanded and it was possible to go to paleontological travel or to buy fossil.

My first sample in making a replica. It was very interesting to do.

11.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Carboniferous period.

The Carboniferous period is famous for the prints of various plants.
Paleontology-back to the Carboniferous period.
Trip on the slagheap.
Slagheap-this is an empty rock-dump, mined during coal mining. On such pumps you can reveal the imprints of ancient pants or something more interesting. The weather was not very good.

11l.jpeg

22.JPG

My travel in Tunisia.

What can you buy in Tunisia?
I bought the famous hand-made ceramics,and in the Atlas mountains a wonderful acient shell.

к.JPG

л2.JPG

л1.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

Bony fish.

My collection paleogene fishs. (55 - 34 mil.years age). preserved fish fossil

ф.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Plesiosaurus tooth.

At first, they claimed it was a spinosaurus tooth.

My opinion is a plesiosaur tooth.

з1.JPG

Russian trilobite.

The Leningrad trilobite Illanus.
My experience is Illaunus in paleoarth. Not very successful painting. I'll have to remake it.
This trilobite is one of the most popular trilobites. But it is less common than azafus. The features of this trilobite are the same size head and tail shields and almost smooth.

к1.JPG

Fantastic very interesting and I like your photos of your fossils next to the illustrations makes your thread more colourful. Nice art too. From one Artist to another 

AA444433-63CF-4F12-AF0D-1AF96D435697.jpeg

Be careful not to get paint on your trilobite! :trilo: Nice thread!

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Your tooth does look more Spinosaurid to me.

What are we looking at in the second picture below the plate of stuff?

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Your tooth does look more Spinosaurid to me.

What are we looking at in the second picture below the plate of stuff?

size tooth :)

on second pic -under tooth - trilobite. Painting of a trilobite came out not very good. I tried to improve his appearance - not quite successfully.

1 hour ago, MiseriKing said:

Bony fish.

My collection paleogene fishs. (55 - 34 mil.years age). preserved fish fossil

5b47228fa742f_.JPG.fb8ce309b2202cec218d91c687cf3e80.JPG

Your first fish in the upper left is actually an Early Cretaceous Dastilbe crandalli, from the Santana or Crato Formation in Brazil.

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 minutes ago, MiseriKing said:

size tooth :)

on second pic -under tooth - trilobite. Painting of a trilobite came out not very good. I tried to improve his appearance - not quite successfully.

I am asking what this is.

20180712_044202.png

yes  - desert roses.

In Tunisia, sell minerals-desert rose, geodes. If you travel in the desert, you can find various mammalian bones on sale-but I was afraid to buy bones. I also collect minerals.

Worst  I find ever.

The artificial reservoir  washes away the shore and can see elephant tusks and teeth. Was the trip for find the elephants.

About 5 kilometers of coastline were examined. A lot of snakes. It's a miracle we didn't get bitten.

Then we saw a hole with a bone sticking out and Dug up a bone. Paleontologists have identified her as not paleontology, not modern.

They given the contact of an archaeologist.

He defined it as human bone - not modern and more interested for archaelogist.

Now I don't have this find.

But I was scared to keep her at home.

b0.jpeg

b1.jpeg

1 hour ago, MiseriKing said:

He defined it as human bone

I’m not sure about that, it’s walls are two thin and it doesn’t have the shape of any human bone I know. Does looks non-fossil (though maybe old). 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very nice finds and buys, the Carboniferous looks fun to hunt in!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

About bone-there is an archaeological and paleontological region. That is, there was a fortress a few centuries ago. I may have stumbled across the remains of a diggers pit. In any case - are not for me.)

They said it was hard to ID because the edges are broken. And more considered the region. They said the bone was thin and possibly one of the bones of a woman's.

Carbon hunting very fun and rich :) But weather.  Many of the stones I have not yet processed - as the weather deteriorated all suspicious was thrown inside the car and dumped at home in a pile.

Very nice start to a collection! Human bone is intriguing - what was the final conclusion of the researchers?

And I agree with others that your plesiosaur tooth is actually Spinosaurus - the preservation is similar to Kem Kem beds (~100 million years ago) in Morocco where Spinosaurus can be found. Anyway, plesiosaur teeth (especially the most common in the fossil market - Zarafasaura oceanis from Khouribga, Morocco) are usually much more recurved, have no cutting edges and have much more common enamel folds.

The Tooth Fairy

7 hours ago, Anomotodon said:

Very nice start to a collection! Human bone is intriguing - what was the final conclusion of the researchers?

The final conclusion of the researcher was

1. The bone maybe belongs to woman coz tin, and place where I find it.

2. The pit in which it was stored was dug by black diggers (treasure hunters). I sent  him a picture of the pit. Later, the researcher cited in the article on one of the forums of anthropology - about how unprofessional are treasure hunters and they destroy the place. And gave an example of my photo. Maybe coz they leave this bone - coz not interested for them

Thank u for Spinosaurus.

Russian trilobites.

т3.JPG