Small Tooth?

danielp

I was going through some of the teeth that I found at poc awhile back and came across this very small one in the mix. It is completely round and it doesn't have a flat surface. It has a slight curve to it. Any ideas on what it is? :huh?:

post-1942-1251246495_thumb.jpg

post-1942-1251246515_thumb.jpg

post-1942-1251246533_thumb.jpg

Are 'cuda teeth round in X-section? I thought they were laterally compressed.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Smilodon
I was going through some of the teeth that I found at poc awhile back and came across this very small one in the mix. It is completely round and it doesn't have a flat surface. It has a slight curve to it. Any ideas on what it is? :huh?:

Oh, I'm going to make a wild guess, out of the blue, and say Pachyrhizodus minimus

Oh, I'm going to make a wild guess, out of the blue, and say Pachyrhizodus minimus

At first I thought it might of been a very small mosasaur but I believe you may be right. Looks quite abit like number 8 which is described as P. minimus

post-1942-1251253674_thumb.png

At first I thought it might of been a very small mosasaur but I believe you may be right. Looks quite abit like number 8 which is described as P. minimus

Dan, where did you get that pic?

I have a tooth that looks like #7 and i have always wondered what it was

I'll have to look when I get off work to see what 7 is. I'll let you know what I find though. don't get off till 7:30 tonight

Are 'cuda teeth round in X-section? I thought they were laterally compressed.

He said round, but if you enlarge the middle picture you can see that tooth is definitely lateraly compressed. :wacko:

Be true to the reality you create.

it might be small mosasaur but with out beather pics that zoom in on tooth it hard to say and with out szie of the tooth

I'll have to look when I get off work to see what 7 is. I'll let you know what I find though. don't get off till 7:30 tonight

Is that a book you have? Or on the net?

He said round, but if you enlarge the middle picture you can see that tooth is definitely lateraly compressed. :wacko:

Just the angle. It make a full circle. no flat spots