Quetzalcoatlus metatarsal?

Still_human

Possibly quetzalcoatlus metatarsal? The other one is supposed to be the part of the beak, close to the tip. Sadly these are the only pictures available. Any info or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

IMG_6819.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG

I don’t see any beaks. I’d pass this, quetzal bones should be super thin walled and therefore very rare, I don’t think you’d find them being sold online. Also allocation would be important. Their metatarsals a would think would be elongated as well. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Locality?  Without closer photos hard to say what it is not a metatarsal too big.  To curved and fat for me to be a Pterosaur 

I saw this listing as well. It is said to be from the Kem Kem Beds, which means it isn't Quetzalcoatlus (though Azhdarchids are known from that locality), and i doubt it is pterosaur for the reasons listed above. I agree to pass on this. 

These are the other photos.....

pterobonesmeatatarsalbeak_001.JPG

pterobonesmeatatarsalbeak_005.JPG

I figured the metatarsal seemed like it could be legit, but the beak part definitely didn't look right. It's hard to find close ups of their feet, and some look like they're curved like that, but then some don't. Itd hafta be a really big ptero to have a 7" metatarsal! Why, oh WHY can't things just be what they're supposed to be?!? :(

Archived