Newbie with a "fossil?"

Railguy

I found this lying on top of ground. In South central Pennsylvania on my way home from picking raspberrys. I hunt native American artifacts and have a habit of always watching the ground. I thought it was a dog tooth and stuck it in my pocket. A day or two later I realized it had no root.  After A lot of research I'm sure its a claw but from what? It sure looks like  it's from Spinosaurs . This is not a dry climate and by far not a place where fossils are found lying on top of the ground. Please help me identify this or point me in the right direction. Note the two holes at the back of it.

Thanks railguy

https://www.thefossilstore.com/spinosaurid-toe-claw-91mm20180713_100854.thumb.jpg.c55baa058a5ff381dfc5889476222362.jpg

20180713_100755_resized_2.jpg

Just now, ynot said:

Deer hoof core (?).

Looks like it.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Yeah,thats probably what it is. Lot of white tail here. Never heard of such a thing much less seen one.I really thought I had something. I got another thing I found a few years ago I post in a new post when I get pics. Even though I'm about have afraid to.

Thanks Bill

7 minutes ago, Railguy said:

Even though I'm about have afraid to.

Do not have any fear of showing Us rocks, We like to see them and are happy to help identify them. (and it will help You in learning what to look for.)

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Not a Spinosaur claw. Spinosaurids are only known from Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.

I agree that this is likely a deer hoof.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite