day long trip to a local spot

adammaher

hey guys some stuff i found recently i have some stuff for you all to look at, there is no one else around looking for fossils here (or anywhere close ,so i have nothing to compare to) this came from a really really old river i know this because i had previous material  brought in and he said it came from a river (head of matty mitchell center), I'm really close to the ocean, i think i found prettified charcoal, bone fragments, teeth (possibly crinoids), an egg? and random stuff pictures will be posted in that order, this is a hobbie for me but  all sites have been recorded,thanks for your time :)

bone1.jpg

bone2.jpg

bone3.jpg

bone4.jpg

bone5.jpg

bone6.jpg

bone7.jpg

bone8.jpg

bone9.jpg

bone10.jpg

bone11.jpg

I do see some coal fragments here, as well as some rocks that are non-fossils. It might help to number them so that we can refer to them individually for identification. As well, it may be an idea to retake these photos in better lighting such as outdoors in daylight, and use a ruler rather than a coin for scale (the coin's glare is dominating some of these shots, and most non-Canadians do not know our loonie has a diameter of 26.5 mm).

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

20 minutes ago, adammaher said:

alot of the rock is high in calcium i did the lick test haha

I wouldn't let your friends and neighbors know you're a rock licker,  it never goes over well.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

The tooth looking items look like rusted nails, to me. 

Also, the items before and after the "teeth" look like concrete, to me.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

The tooth looking items look like rusted nails, to me. 

Also, the items before and after the "teeth" look like concrete, to me.

Regards,

it could be found these near by but the is no settlement anywhere near this site

pottery1.jpg

pottery2.jpg

Pictures are a bit too dark to make out details. If these are pottery shards with glaze, it is quite possible that they were transported by water. All sorts of debris gets washed up on beaches from sometimes very far off places.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Pictures are a bit too dark to make out details. If these are pottery shards with glaze, it is quite possible that they get transported by water.

ill take another few pictures but theres no water other then ocean near by this is a sat image of where im digging red is where i found the pottery i found the other stuff in the cut out the house are all build in the past 10-20 years

sat.png

It doesn't look too far from the coast. The levels do ebb and flow over a longer time span, so it is possible that it washed in at some point more than 20 years ago due to storm swells, etc. As it appears modern, we can likely rule out early First Nations artifact.

no i dont think it washed up the elevation to great of a distance i circled in red where im digging only good pic i could see of it lol and a picture of the ocean across the road, also the road in the sat image is the dry river i think im sure of it as its not a actual road

spot.png

water.png

That I can tell, this one contains the only fossils in the bunch:

~~.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Never underestimate human transportation of objects.  ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

thanks very much guys i appriciate your input as im learning i went back to whre i found the plates and got these strange things looks like bone hairpeiceo

bonejewlry1.jpg

bonejewlry2.jpg

bonejewlry3.jpg