Looking for a fossil hunt meet up in Summerville or Charleston sc to meet new friends and learn the ropes

Mynewlife

Hi fellow fossil hunters. I am new to the forum and learning the ropes. Please let me know if there's a better area to request finding other fellow fossil companions who may be interested in doing a fossil outing around the Summerville area or Charleston.  I'm pretty much a loner who has become intrigued in finding not just shark teeth but any kind of fossils just as a personal hobby.  Not asking for anyone ones hidden Honey holes, just an opportunity to meet up and make a few new friends and lean some general safe places to get started in the area. If anyone is interested in getting a small group together before summer is over please let me know. And direct me to other places on the forum please if this isn't the best place.  Trying to learn the ropes.  Jen

Good luck:) you may want to try a post in the regional section under your home state. I did that a few years ago in the Florida section and also was able to host a couple get togethers for fellow members to hunt. I just told a little about myself and my styles of hunting. You’re correct that no one will likely come off of their own hotspots but you can meet up with someone with similar experience and do some scouting for spots. It’s always a lot more fun with company and the spots you find on your own wil pay out better than any spots that will be shared by other hunters

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

On 7/16/2018 at 8:44 PM, jcbshark said:

Good luck:) you may want to try a post in the regional section under your home state. I did that a few years ago in the Florida section and also was able to host a couple get togethers for fellow members to hunt. I just told a little about myself and my styles of hunting. You’re correct that no one will likely come off of their own hotspots but you can meet up with someone with similar experience and do some scouting for spots. It’s always a lot more fun with company and the spots you find on your own wil pay out better than any spots that will be shared by other hunters

Great advice. Thank you for your help!