Ramanessin Brook Finds

Masp

Awesome finds! The pictures are somewhat blurry but most finds are easily identifiable. #8 is really nice and is a ray tooth. #2 is a concretion #3 looks like a hunk of iron #15 is either a rock or some invertebrate material, I cannot tell given the photo

: )

11 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Awesome finds! The pictures are somewhat blurry but most finds are easily identifiable. #8 is really nice and is a ray tooth. #2 is a concretion #3 looks like a hunk of iron #15 is either a rock or some invertebrate material, I cannot tell given the photo

Thank you @Trevor , is that ray tooth a rare find? Also regarding #3, you don’t think it could be a vert given the strange shape? 

BE33AA0E-205D-43F3-846E-F6BE8AEBA299.jpeg

6174858A-E7E6-464B-ADE6-6B08A04E71B1.jpeg

The ray tooth is a somewhat less common find but I would necessarily call it rare. As for number three, I need some better pictures. From the looks of it that could also be bone. I just need to see the texture better. Maybe it is a very in matrix? I do not know. Maybe some others will be able to offer some more guidance.  

: )

34 minutes ago, Trevor said:

The ray tooth is a somewhat less common find but I would necessarily call it rare. As for number three, I need some better pictures. From the looks of it that could also be bone. I just need to see the texture better. Maybe it is a very in matrix? I do not know. Maybe some others will be able to offer some more guidance.  

I’m going to try to get you some better pictures, maybe further back too. 

59 minutes ago, Masp said:

I’m going to try to get you some better pictures, maybe further back too. 

Not holding the object will help to get better pictures.

Place it on a solid colored surface and do not try to get to close.

Take the pictures from directly above the piece.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

Not holding the object will help to get better pictures.

Place it on a solid colored surface and do not try to get to close.

Take the pictures from directly above the piece.

I’ll do that from now on thank you :dinothumb:

I agree with Trevor. 5 is definitely Archaeolamna this time, most other identifiable teeth are Scapanorhynchus.   The surface texture of 3 is a bit odd and coprolite-ish but the shape is not right for that.   Its not a vert and I'm pretty sure  its not a coprolite but better pictures will be more definitive.   

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

1- yes, a goblin; 2,3- concretions; 4- bivalve imprint; 5- A. kopingensis; 6- S. pristodontus; 7- I. mira; 8- B. wichitaensis medial tooth; 9- it is a concretion with some marks on it. It may be a trace fossil or an invert cast; 10-14, S. texanus; 15- likely a shark vert, but need more pics to be definitive.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Archived