Jeffagso2369

Hey all. Going out to Vernal UT at the end of the week. Spending a couple of days there, doing Dinosaur National Monument, then a week near Boulder CO. Would love any suggestions of places to hunt while I'm out there. Will also be visiting Florissant and Morrison. Trying desperately to squeeze an extra day to get up to Kemmerer WY to find some fishes!

Kremling Colorado has a ammonite site. Talk to the blm and they will tell you which hill you can collect off of. Bureau of land management has a office in kremling.

While in Vernal there was a museum in the middle of town. Don't remember what it cost but it was well worth it. Beautiful country around there. Lots of rattlesnakes on the east side of flaming gorge. If you decide to head to kemmerer you may want to plan that for more than 1 day.

I did see some post something about buying shale from a place near Florissant and I did a search and discovered a place that allows you to collect for $10.00 per hour/ per person. Maybe check that place out.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up not doing much hunting, but did visit the museum in Vernal (very much worth it, if you're in the area) and Dinosaur National Monument. Also, hiked out to the water's edge in Red Fleet State Park and got a good pic which is apparently too big to upload here :-(