Cretaceous of New Jersey - 07/15/18

Trevor

Dear fellow forum goers,

Last Sunday I ventured out in the rain to hunt the Cretaceous streams of New Jersey. This hunt has been my first in over a month and I somewhat eager to get down to the brooks. After one is weened off of fossil hunting for awhile, one begins to have lower expectations for the few trips they do embark on. They have yet to be "crazed" again. My situation was no different and I did not expect to find much. Upon returning from the hunt I have become "crazed" once again and secured another trip for this weekend. I am looking forward to hunting with Darctooth (Dave) and Frank later this summer; hopefully we can do some hardcore sifting and find some killer mosasaur teeth. Concerning the artifact, I am not sure whether this is actually an artifact and would appreciate an ID.

Kind regards,

Trevor

General Finds

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.fa4e3d42d2236980c92d416fe8a4762a.JPG

Ratfish Jaw Section

IMG_0457.thumb.JPG.178dfd4a6df81450853c6647683c41a4.JPG

IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.b5a846352d9640de0f8c10d1c9f25f4e.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

: )

Cool finds Trevor! That ratfish mouth plate looks like a mandibular, although more pictures will help. The possible artifact is made out of chert, but it is hard to tell based off of the photos if it has been worked or not.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Great finds, Trevor! 

That shrimp is super cool! :wub: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Geez, it looks like you did real well for yourself! I don't have a lot of knowledge of artifacts but it does look like it has been worked at least partially. Congratulations on a good hunt!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I’ll be going out the next two days most likely. I work weekends. I’m pretty sure we go to the same spots. 

7 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Geez, it looks like you did real well for yourself! I don't have a lot of knowledge of artifacts but it does look like it has been worked at least partially. Congratulations on a good hunt!

6 hours ago, ynot said:

Nice finds!

Shrimp looks great!

7 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Great finds, Trevor! 

That shrimp is super cool! :wub: 

Thank you everyone! This hunt went very well for me and was very fun. Hopefully all my hunts can be like that. I am definitiely going in August again and may go once more more in July.

WOW! Those are some finds to be crazed over!:envy:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice finds Trevor!

Recently, I was able to show my potential native American artifacts to individuals who specify in that and every piece that I thought was worked was. With that said, I'm pretty confident yours is also.

Congratulations Trevor on a spectacular haul. The lobster and the ratfish jaw piece I find particularly impressive. Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

WOW! Those are some finds to be crazed over!:envy:

2 hours ago, Masp said:

Man...talk about some cool finds..awesome job Trevor. Congrats on these!

2 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Congratulations Trevor on a spectacular haul. The lobster and the ratfish jaw piece I find particularly impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone! We should all go on a group hunt sometime. Also, I really need to meet you Jeffery P and Masp, we talk on the forum but have yet to go on a hunt together.

7 hours ago, frankh8147 said:

Nice finds Trevor!

Recently, I was able to show my potential native American artifacts to individuals who specify in that and every piece that I thought was worked was. With that said, I'm pretty confident yours is also.

Thank you Frank, I trust your judgment concerning the artifact.

@Trevor that would be cool man, I’m down! We can figure something out. I may potentially even go to Big Brook this Saturday or Sunday