33 minutes ago, Northern Sharks said:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but as others have said, rusophycus all the way. I really should get down there and check out the GB formation. In all my years of collecting, I've never made the effort to do so despite it being so close. The Verulam fm. treated me so well, I never really felt the need, but now that my regular quarry has banned access...….

I've never hunted the Verulam so we're kind of in the same boat :P

If you do decide to come to the GTA sometime, I can show you the two spots that I frequent - at Etobicoke Creek I mainly check out all the rocks just lying around (although I did find a small exposure - unfortunately the water has to be very low in order to access it, and it's very small, so I don't think it's the greatest - I can see more of the exposure a little further along the creek, but I'm not sure if it's the fossiliferous layer that's visible AND the water is too deep and too fast for me to feel comfortable getting to it, so I doubt I'll ever get there) and at Mimico Creek there's a small exposure that mainly produces bivalves.  I'd love to find more easy-to-access exposures here in the GTA, but I usually have one or both kids with me, which means I don't have a lot of time to check out possible locations - hopefully I will as they get older...

Anyway, if you're ever in the area, feel free to give me a shout!

Archived