Woopaul5

Nice finds Paul; I really like the pycnodontid tooth with the jaw partially still intact. The model goblin shark goes along well with the finds. We should go out next weekend, sorry our hunts did not line up this weekend.

: )

34 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Nice reptile tooth! I would lean towards mosasaur.

There are no reptile teeth shown here.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

I guess the consensus here is Ischyrhyza? Are we sure.. I ask because that enamel look off to me for Ischyrhyza (plus it has a wide base). 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:13 AM, Woopaul5 said:

@josephstrizhak

heres a few more pics of what what I think is a mosasaur tooth next to a rostral.

u8nkJx.jpg

5Hxsc5.jpg

at one time I thought it was a croc tooth but it has a extremely weak cutting edge that’s been worn and over all shape is rounded unlike most rostral I’ve seen. I could be wrong but I’m still thinking it’s reptilian tooth of some sort. 

On 8/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, The Jersey Devil said:

Those do look like devonian corals. The vertebrae are best identified as Chondrichthyan, but are likely from batids. The "drum" fish jaw is actually an Anomoeodus phaseolus jaw section.

Thanks @frankh8147

here afe are a few more pics

NrumNy.jpg

dI9EmR.jpg

Aalrfv.jpg

CyfFNo.jpg

b7CIQQ.jpg

l9mLwv.jpg

personally I think Ischyrhyza is incorrect but I won’t say I’m certain it’s mosasaur either.

9 hours ago, frankh8147 said:

I guess the consensus here is Ischyrhyza? Are we sure.. I ask because that enamel look off to me for Ischyrhyza (plus it has a wide base). 

The enamel is quite worn; it is a bit of a different wear pattern than usual. The root base is usually wider than the crown. To really be sure I would want to see this in person though.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

14 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

The enamel is quite worn; it is a bit of a different wear pattern than usual. The root base is usually wider than the crown. To really be sure I would want to see this in person though.

Agreed, I think an 'in hand' look might straighten everything up. I'm not sure what it is but I just think it could be reptile. Here is another comparison with one of mine.

8191.jpg

unknowtooth.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well looks like I may of done my last trip to Monmouth Co today. Uncle Sam has told me to pack my bags and head to Vegas where hopefully I’ll be finishing my career. Thanks to those that have helped me in ID’s, general knowledge, guidance in the creeks, and the company. Special shout out to @Trevor for helping me out and getting me away from the same two spots in the creek. Well onto the pics...

z4XVxu.jpg

Oj0QFo.jpg

7ZjJ4P.jpg

GzPdfD.jpg

Again, thank you and thank you Cretaceous Monmouth Co. You def kept me sane the last 2.5 yrs. 

On 10/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, Woopaul5 said:

Well looks like I may of done my last trip to Monmouth Co today. Uncle Sam has told me to pack my bags and head to Vegas where hopefully I’ll be finishing my career. Thanks to those that have helped me in ID’s, general knowledge, guidance in the creeks, and the company. Special shout out to @Trevor for helping me out and getting me away from the same two spots in the creek. Well onto the pics...

z4XVxu.jpg

Oj0QFo.jpg

7ZjJ4P.jpg

GzPdfD.jpg

Again, thank you and thank you Cretaceous Monmouth Co. You def kept me sane the last 2.5 yrs. 

It was great meeting you Paul, hopefully we can hunt some time again. Your Cretaceous collection is great and I hope you enjoyed the time you spent here. Safe travels. If decide to go hunting in the area, please notify me. 

: )