Max-fossils

14 hours ago, Manticocerasman said:

any pics Max? :P

Just one for now! Right above. Rest will follow later ;) 

On 7/30/2018 at 5:03 AM, TNCollector said:

I think he meant that it was not possible for him to go that day.

I can’t wait to see some pictures of the ammonites. I’ve only ever found little bits and pieces in my Cretaceous collecting.

Ah possibly.

I’ve just shared one first picture (above) for now as a taster! 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Sorry Max ! I am only brought in of 15 holidays yesterday evening and I had no internet connection. But I am satisfied to know that you found full of interesting things. I leave on saturday for week but I would be happy to see your pics of ammonite in close-up and their identifications, it would help me to put finally names on mine ! ;)

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, Max-fossils said:

Hundreds! No kidding! I’ve never seen so many ammonites in my life. And the best thing is that they are now all mine :muahaha:

E tu vas toutes te les garder ? C'est très égoïste ça !:P:P

And you'll keep them all for you ? That's very selfish this !

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On 8/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Coco said:

Sorry Max ! I am only brought in of 15 holidays yesterday evening and I had no internet connection. But I am satisfied to know that you found full of interesting things. I leave on saturday for week but I would be happy to see your pics of ammonite in close-up and their identifications, it would help me to put finally names on mine ! ;)

Coco

Pas de problème, et merci! 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:31 PM, fifbrindacier said:

E tu vas toutes te les garder ? C'est très égoïste ça !:P:P

And you'll keep them all for you ? That's very selfish this !

Je vais bientôt organiser quelques concours oú on pourra en gagner! Il y en a en effet trop pour que je les garde tous. 

(English:) I will soon make some contests where you can win some! There are indeed too many for me to keep. 

On 8/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, Monica said:

What a great haul of invertebrates, Max!!!  Congratulations!!!

:envy: )

Thanks Monica! ^_^

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

On 31-7-2018 at 11:46 PM, Max-fossils said:

Well, because it will probably still be a while before I make and share a trip report, here is already a sneak peek at the total haul. Take in mind that all of them are as found (except for two ammonites which have been rinsed), so there is still clay and dust on a lot of them. I also still need to treat most fossils against the pyrite disease (found a link or two which say what to do for these, but if you’ve got any tips I’d be eager to listen), but I’ll do all the cleaning and treating once at home. 

EAD8CF36-89B2-4D15-86E0-7BAF8C8596DD.thumb.jpeg.41f9a322ae9d842af9e20eaa184b39d4.jpeg

So, this is what we have!

• Top-left: belemnites (most, if not all, are Hibolites dentatus I believe)

• Bottom-left: tons of pyrite ammonites, all from the same species, Aconoceras nisus! I love these! Some, especially the small ones, are perfectly golden, iridescent or even rainbow-like. Just stunning what pyrite can do!!!

• Bottom-middle: a few ammonites, I think Cheloniceras

• Middle: lots of other pyrite ammonites, a mix of species 

• Far-right: ammo-fragments (these were collected at the beginning of the hunt; we got pickier afterwards. Probs nothing worth keeping in here)

• Top: miscellaneous fossils, including gastropods, bivalves and a bunch of stuff still to be ID’d

• Top-right: non-fossil finds, mainly cool-looking minerals

If you want any closeups, you can already let me know, but you’ll have to wait for when I get home! I will, obviously, take individual photos of some of the best and most interesting pieces for the trip report.

What a haul!!! Congrats. Seems like you had a fun trip with a lot of fossils. I wish I found as many ammonites as you.:envy:

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, Max-fossils said:

Well, because it will probably still be a while before I make and share a trip report, here is already a sneak peek at the total haul. Take in mind that all of them are as found (except for two ammonites which have been rinsed), so there is still clay and dust on a lot of them. I also still need to treat most fossils against the pyrite disease (found a link or two which say what to do for these, but if you’ve got any tips I’d be eager to listen), but I’ll do all the cleaning and treating once at home. 

EAD8CF36-89B2-4D15-86E0-7BAF8C8596DD.thumb.jpeg.41f9a322ae9d842af9e20eaa184b39d4.jpeg

So, this is what we have!

• Top-left: belemnites (most, if not all, are Hibolites dentatus I believe)

• Bottom-left: tons of pyrite ammonites, all from the same species, Aconoceras nisus! I love these! Some, especially the small ones, are perfectly golden, iridescent or even rainbow-like. Just stunning what pyrite can do!!!

• Bottom-middle: a few ammonites, I think Cheloniceras

• Middle: lots of other pyrite ammonites, a mix of species 

• Far-right: ammo-fragments (these were collected at the beginning of the hunt; we got pickier afterwards. Probs nothing worth keeping in here)

• Top: miscellaneous fossils, including gastropods, bivalves and a bunch of stuff still to be ID’d

• Top-right: non-fossil finds, mainly cool-looking minerals

If you want any closeups, you can already let me know, but you’ll have to wait for when I get home! I will, obviously, take individual photos of some of the best and most interesting pieces for the trip report.

Nice shoes.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

1 hour ago, fifbrindacier said:

Nice shoes.

:P 

3 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

What a haul!!! Congrats. Seems like you had a fun trip with a lot of fossils. I wish I found as many ammonites as you.:envy:

It sure was very fun. Thanks Thijs! :fistbump:

Max Derème

Archived