A nice addition

Ludwigia

I've been doing a lot of contract prep work for a particular collector for quite a while. He recently picked up some raw material bargains from an old collection and brought some of them by last week for me to clean up for him. When he came to pick them up today, he decided to gift me one of them, which just made my day, since it's an excellent specimen of a species which is hard to find these days in this size and condition. It's a Procerites hodsoni  with a diameter of 34cm. which was found in the Bathonian layers at a construction site in Blumberg a few decades ago.

A1394.jpg.4e99b6b1885dc618a2c7e9227da24d85.jpg

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

That's a BIG BOY! Wicked, complex suturing; must be a highly evolved Ammonite species?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice Ammo:ammonite01::dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice addition indeed!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Yeah I could see this on my work desk every morning and smile as I sip hot coffee.:hammer01:

7 hours ago, Auspex said:

That's a BIG BOY! Wicked, complex suturing; must be a highly evolved Ammonite species?

I suppose you could say so, since the genus, a family member of the Perisphinctidae, is basically restricted to just a few zones.

7 hours ago, digit said:

She's a beaut!

And, as expected, the prep work is top notch.

Cheers.

-Ken

7 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Nice Ammo:ammonite01::dinothumb:

7 hours ago, TyBoy said:

Beautiful

6 hours ago, ynot said:

Lucky You, nice gift!

6 hours ago, RJB said:

Thats a Biggin!  Good on ya Roger. 

RB

5 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Nice addition indeed!

Thanks guys :)

5 hours ago, goatinformationist said:

Yeah I could see this on my work desk every morning and smile as I sip hot coffee.:hammer01:

You must have a pretty stable desk :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Archived